Introducing: Astra, not the most "common" Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2015, 09:01 PM
RE: Introducing: Astra, not the most "common" Christian
Welcome!

(13-12-2015 05:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome to TTA.

You'll find many a black sheep here.

... and not a single shepherd.

Big Grin

We need a black shepherd

[Image: Book23.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dex's post
13-12-2015, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2015 10:30 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Hi Astra.
Do you keep your fingers in dykes ?
Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-12-2015, 11:01 PM
Be nice, Bucky!! Tongue

Glad to have you here, Astra.

Kind-hearted, open-minded, honest members of the "loyal opposition" are more than welcome here.

Hope you find a home among us. I'm the opposite of you. I'm an atheist engaged to a Christian (who is an evolutionary biologist-- so not a typical American Christian-- and she's also a fan of anime).

Feel free to jump right in.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
13-12-2015, 11:13 PM
Hiya! Welcome!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
14-12-2015, 01:34 AM
Hello! Big Grin
14-12-2015, 02:51 AM
(13-12-2015 05:42 PM)Astra_moon Wrote:  Hello, my name is Astra(nickname).
Oh and before I forget: I am not much of a bible person, so sorry to disappoint you if I can't recall/explain any phrases right away.(I did no bible study nor do I read often in it) It's not like I don't know any bible stories, but I need to read them up to get details straight. If you don't mind that, I don't mind it either ^^

Welcome.
This possibly explain s why you are still a christian. Anyhow, show respect and ye shall receive it.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
14-12-2015, 03:30 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-12-2015, 06:13 AM
Welcome. I read the entire bible once, and it turned me into an atheist.

Glad to see a Christian who wants to just chat about all kinds of things and not the bible. It's the right approach if you want to get to know people and have a fun time here.

There are many topics here, maybe just dive into something that interests you, that does not involve religion. Allow people to get to know you. There are other anime fans here, too.

Have fun! Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
14-12-2015, 06:43 AM
Wecome aboard

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-12-2015, 07:38 AM
(14-12-2015 02:51 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 05:42 PM)Astra_moon Wrote:  Hello, my name is Astra(nickname).
Oh and before I forget: I am not much of a bible person, so sorry to disappoint you if I can't recall/explain any phrases right away.(I did no bible study nor do I read often in it) It's not like I don't know any bible stories, but I need to read them up to get details straight. If you don't mind that, I don't mind it either ^^

Welcome.
This possibly explain s why you are still a christian. Anyhow, show respect and ye shall receive it.

The reason why I am not that interested in the bible is, because IMO the details aren't that important. Most Christians take everything that's written in it as laws of life and follow it as strictly as possible, but I only take the very specific things out of it I think are important in my life or might be useful. IMO the bible needs to be taken with a grain of salt and nothing more, since it's written by man and it's written very long ago. Also taking it literally isn't my cup of tea.
Yes, I know there are horrible things written in the bible. I have known for very long humans have an idiotic nature, so it's not much surprising to me. More reason for me not to read it that much ^^
(Again, most Christians fall of their chair if they would reading this, probably.)

This is an example why I don't call myself Christian in public often. It's because everybody would associate me with most "common" Christians and I don't really like that much. I am me, you know. Not just a stupid sheep or Christian(or both XD). I have a brain and I do not hesitate to use it, doesn't matter what believes I would have.

But maybe you just think I am stupid Big Grin And you are free to think that. I don't mind ^^ (maybe I am! Who knows... XD)

"Show respect and ye shall receive it", yes I agree. Don't worry, I can assure you I will. I have high hopes it will be likewise with most people on this forum.

"Viewing from the opposite side, is the best way to substantiate an opinion."
- Astra Moon, December 2015
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user