Introducing Maria Dean

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2013, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2013 05:34 PM by Crulax.)
RE: Introducing Maria Dean
Welcome aboard the heathen train next stop eternal fire and damnation!

Edit regarding forum names:

For some it is as Anjele states for others I would imagine they might be nicknames they have been given. Mine is the character name of one of my D&D characters a Dwarven Cleric. You shall hear the word of Moradin or taste his axe! Big Grin

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2013, 06:08 PM
(28-12-2013 04:30 PM)Maria Dean Wrote:  Hello, I recently subscribed to The Thinking Atheist podcasts and have been very intrigued by most that I've listened to (still have a lot of catching up to do). I undoctrinated myself from the Catholic church 33 years ago when I had my first child out of wedlock and the priest refused to baptize him. I cemented my atheism by actually reading the bible. That was about 15 years ago. I recently remarried and my husband is non-committal about religious issues, but he was horrified when I "came out" on Facebook, because most of his family is very religious. But they didn't have a problem with it. My long-term Christian friends and I have a standing agreement: You don't try to convert me, and I won't try to explain why you're full of crap. Looking forward to hearing more from this group.

Welcome. Excellent intro. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-12-2013, 06:10 PM
This forum does not have the same feel as the podcasts. Just a quick fyi.

Welcome to the forum!! I hesitate to put my real name out there on the internet. As a foster parent I like to keep things as vague as possible. I have to be confidential and still get some stuff out!
[+] 1 user Likes aquaquilter's post
28-12-2013, 06:23 PM
My name is Will Hopper. I used to go by Whopper, but Burger King didn't like that.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like WillHopp's post
28-12-2013, 06:50 PM
I can't believe the douche bags in the RCC refuse to baptize babies. I guess I vaguely knew it was possible, but never really knew anyone who had been refused. WTAF ? These people think they are holier than John the Baptizer and Jebus ? Did *they* ever refuse anyone ?

Welcome Maria. My nick-name has always been Bucky, so I kept it.
A few peeps refer to me as the "Fullerene", (the carbon molecule also known as a Bucky Ball). You may call me "your grace" or "your holiness". Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
29-12-2013, 04:50 AM
(28-12-2013 04:30 PM)Maria Dean Wrote:  My long-term Christian friends and I have a standing agreement: You don't try to convert me, and I won't try to explain why you're full of crap.
[Image: 3xNuwIr.gif]

Welcome aboard the crazy train; I think you'll do fine here.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-12-2013, 04:57 AM
Guten Abend

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
29-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Welcome :-)

And nice intro.

I use a moniker because it's a lot more interesting and humorous than my real name.

YMMV....

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
29-12-2013, 11:24 PM
(28-12-2013 06:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You may call me "your grace" or "your holiness". Tongue

Howbout, "your assholiness". Dodgy

I kid ya.
Heart Love you. No homo, bro.

Oh wait. Blink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
31-12-2013, 05:24 AM
(28-12-2013 05:17 PM)Maria Dean Wrote:  I have a question. Why do most of you have alias user names? I am quite comfortable using my true identity. Is there a reason for not doing so?

They're cowards!

Tongue