Introducing myself.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2015, 01:50 PM
Introducing myself.
Hi. My name is Marcelo and I am from Brazil. I am an atheist, a skeptic, an anarchist, a humanist and a secularist. Since Facebook took over the internet users, most philosophy forums (or similars) were set aside. Even though Facebook allows discussion groups and threads, there is no suitable environment for a pacific and incrementing exchange of ideas. This motivated me to look for a friendly place and this seems to be very suited. I hope I can embark in constructive discussions here, without trolls, name calling, intolerance, informality, and such. Always in search of new knowledge.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2015, 01:56 PM
RE: Introducing myself.
An anarchist AND a humanist eh? Consider

Welcome

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
21-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Welcome to the forum.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
21-10-2015, 02:06 PM
Welcome aboard. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
21-10-2015, 02:08 PM
Hello! Big Grin
21-10-2015, 02:14 PM
(21-10-2015 01:50 PM)MCarsten Wrote:  Hi. My name is Marcelo and I am from Brazil. I am an atheist, a skeptic, an anarchist, a humanist and a secularist. Since Facebook took over the internet users, most philosophy forums (or similars) were set aside. Even though Facebook allows discussion groups and threads, there is no suitable environment for a pacific and incrementing exchange of ideas. This motivated me to look for a friendly place and this seems to be very suited. I hope I can embark in constructive discussions here, without trolls, name calling, intolerance, informality, and such. Always in search of new knowledge.

You will no doubt find constructive discussions here...but you will also find trolls, name callers, intolerance, informality...AND SUCH. No forum is without the extra baggage. Your ability to sustain the aforementioned list depends entirely on your ability to tolerate. Your patience will be tested. Your wrath will be ignited. But your mind will be stretched and you will grow. #myspeech Smile Thumbsup

In all seriousness.... welcome. Big Grin We look forward to any addition to the usual suspects that you bring. Shy

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
21-10-2015, 02:15 PM
Welcome
21-10-2015, 02:19 PM
Welcome Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
21-10-2015, 02:35 PM
that's a lot of -ists to be!

today, I'll be a welcomist... welcome! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes mediocrates's post
23-10-2015, 09:51 AM
Welcome Marcelo from your neighbor from Peru. Is Brazil also infested with American evangelicals trying to show Brazilians the "true" way to salvation?