Introducing myself.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2015, 10:36 AM
RE: Introducing myself.
(21-10-2015 01:50 PM)MCarsten Wrote:  Hi. My name is Marcelo and I am from Brazil. I am an atheist, a skeptic, an anarchist, a humanist and a secularist. Since Facebook took over the internet users, most philosophy forums (or similars) were set aside. Even though Facebook allows discussion groups and threads, there is no suitable environment for a pacific and incrementing exchange of ideas. This motivated me to look for a friendly place and this seems to be very suited. I hope I can embark in constructive discussions here, without trolls, name calling, intolerance, informality, and such. Always in search of new knowledge.

Hello neighbor, welcome.
Enjoy TTA.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2015, 11:11 AM
(21-10-2015 01:50 PM)MCarsten Wrote:  Hi. My name is Marcelo and I am from Brazil. I am an atheist, a skeptic, an anarchist, a humanist and a secularist. Since Facebook took over the internet users, most philosophy forums (or similars) were set aside. Even though Facebook allows discussion groups and threads, there is no suitable environment for a pacific and incrementing exchange of ideas. This motivated me to look for a friendly place and this seems to be very suited. I hope I can embark in constructive discussions here, without trolls, name calling, intolerance, informality, and such. Always in search of new knowledge.

Welcome Marcelo.

It is a little funny that a person that identify's as an anarchist, doesn't approve of anarchy.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
23-10-2015, 06:35 PM
(23-10-2015 09:51 AM)IƱigo Wrote:  Welcome Marcelo from your neighbor from Peru. Is Brazil also infested with American evangelicals trying to show Brazilians the "true" way to salvation?

Evangelicals (specially pentecostals and neopentecostals) are increasingly more inside the congress and that is awful. The fundamentalist christian politicians are called the "Bible Lobby" (in free translation). They are responsible for barring the social progress. Recently, they approved a bill that only acknowledges a family as the union between a man and a woman. As you can imagine, they also do not accept abort and drug legalization, homossexual marriage and similars. Not to mention that several of the great media enterprises are owned by evangelical priests.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user