Introducing myself

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2013, 10:19 PM
RE: Introducing myself
(08-09-2013 06:26 PM)Regular_Joe Wrote:  I see someone figured out quotes.

You'll do well in life to mostly believe your job is to comfort and guide people, not try to convince them their beliefs are stupid and wrong. I am not just speaking of matters of the supernatural here, either.

You're a wise man (?) to fully assess the beliefs of the family before speaking much. Keep doing that.

Female, actually, though I'm often mistaken for a butch lesbian on account of my short hair and ability to drive a stick. :-P

(08-09-2013 11:06 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I hope you stick around. You're skillz are needed here.

Over the months that I've been on TTA, there have been numerous cries for help along the lines of...
"I'm going to my father/mother/uncle etc's funeral tomorrow. How do I stay sane / say the 'right' things / avoid having a tantrum etc. and still stay true to my (non)beliefs?"

Or words to that effect.

Many and more would be grateful for advice from a pro.

Thumbsup

I hope I can be of help to anyone who needs it. :-)
If ever a thread comes up and I somehow miss it, feel free to point someone in my direction for questions.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Welcome to the forum! Is your username a reference to Jimmy? Anyhow hope this place is a haven for ya. Look forward to havin' ya.

10-09-2013, 11:30 AM
(09-09-2013 11:28 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Welcome to the forum! Is your username a reference to Jimmy? Anyhow hope this place is a haven for ya. Look forward to havin' ya.

It absolutely is! Tool is my all time favorite band. :-)

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
10-09-2013, 01:31 PM
(10-09-2013 11:30 AM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 11:28 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Welcome to the forum! Is your username a reference to Jimmy? Anyhow hope this place is a haven for ya. Look forward to havin' ya.

It absolutely is! Tool is my all time favorite band. :-)

That makes two of us Tongue

11-09-2013, 08:57 AM
(10-09-2013 01:31 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 11:30 AM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  It absolutely is! Tool is my all time favorite band. :-)

That makes two of us Tongue

I have a feeling there are more of us around this forum.

11-09-2013, 09:14 AM
(11-09-2013 08:57 AM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 01:31 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  That makes two of us Tongue

I have a feeling there are more of us around this forum.

That's true, I believe rts is a third.

11-09-2013, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 09:35 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-09-2013 11:06 PM)DLJ Wrote:  You're skillz are needed here.

Agree completely. There are a couple people here who need embalming.
Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-09-2013, 09:55 AM
"Female, actually, though I'm often mistaken for a butch lesbian on account of my short hair and ability to drive a stick." - I so relate - and an Undertaker! You got it all going on Ohio Sky!

There's a fairly eclectic crowd here and the international perspective is comforting - especially if one feels cast out of the asylum.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Lol thanks Kim. Glad to be here. :-)

12-09-2013, 07:50 AM
(07-09-2013 12:40 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  Hey fellow non-believers! I'm Ohio Sky. I live in Central California in a very conservative religious area. I also work in a funeral home, which by nature will always be heavily religious. I need somewhere where I can talk to people who make sense to me!

Greetings from Ohio!