Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Introduction
Hi my name is Don and I have been an athiest for 2.5yrs. I was a Christian for 25+yrs and was involved in lay ministry most of that time. This is my 1st time reaching out to other atheist's since I came to my senses.

"A man should look for what is, and not he thinks should be"
Albert Einstein
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2013, 03:40 PM
RE: Introduction
Welcome to the wonderful world of People-Who-Are-Not-Batshit-Crazy!

Oh wait.....this is TTA. Never mind.

Welcome anyways!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
23-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Welcome DBLaGoo,
Good to have you. You will find lots of support here. Tell us your story.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
23-09-2013, 04:04 PM
(23-09-2013 01:39 PM)DBLaGoo Wrote:  Hi my name is Don and I have been an athiest for 2.5yrs. I was a Christian for 25+yrs and was involved in lay ministry most of that time. This is my 1st time reaching out to other atheist's since I came to my senses.

Hectic - welcome to the forum Smile If I may ask, how did the change come about ? Were you always a bit skeptical or was it a sudden thing ?
24-09-2013, 06:52 AM
Welcome aboard. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
24-09-2013, 12:07 PM
(23-09-2013 04:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-09-2013 01:39 PM)DBLaGoo Wrote:  Hi my name is Don and I have been an athiest for 2.5yrs. I was a Christian for 25+yrs and was involved in lay ministry most of that time. This is my 1st time reaching out to other atheist's since I came to my senses.

Hectic - welcome to the forum Smile If I may ask, how did the change come about ? Were you always a bit skeptical or was it a sudden thing ?

For about 5yrs I was seeking the answer to the question "what's wrong with my religion". I truly believed, but could see so much wrong with Christianity. The answer came to one afternoon while driving, and totally surprised me. Religion, my relion is total BS. A great sense of relief came over me. Then I became very angry and frustrated that it took so long to see the obvious. It took about a year for me to let that go.

"A man should look for what is, and not he thinks should be"
Albert Einstein
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like DBLaGoo's post
27-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Bienvenue sur TTA! See, that's French I'm fancy and shit. Classy as fuck! Big Grin