Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Introduction
Have only read into one forum so far. But I feel I have been looking for a site like this for awhile now. Being a college student surrounded by very confused people I find it necessary to involve myself in some conversations that go further than the newest iPhone or Facebook and Twitter post.

I have an interest in philosophy, sociology, psychology, but not individually but as a whole. I have a specific interest in problems going on in the world due to people not understanding how to live a genuine life. Look forward to sharing some of my ideas and taking part in conversations with what I hope to be, some very focused and intelligent people.

Not going to get into too much detail but I do look forward to meeting more of you. Thank You.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes esoteric.youth's post
02-05-2014, 11:30 AM
RE: Introduction
So have you got the latest iPhone?

Big Grin

We're not always focused or intelligent but most of us are people Dodgy

Looking forward to you joining in.

Welcome.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-05-2014, 11:41 AM
(02-05-2014 11:23 AM)esoteric.youth Wrote:  Look forward to sharing some of my ideas and taking part in conversations with what I hope to be, some very focused and intelligent people.

... focused and intelligent people... hmm... Consider

Well, you have a lot to hope for here, EY. Wink

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-05-2014, 12:02 PM
(02-05-2014 11:23 AM)esoteric.youth Wrote:  I have an interest in philosophy, sociology, psychology, but not individually but as a whole. I have a specific interest in problems going on in the world due to people not understanding how to live a genuine life. Look forward to sharing some of my ideas and taking part in conversations with what I hope to be, some very focused and intelligent people.

Not going to get into too much detail but I do look forward to meeting more of you. Thank You.

DodgyConsider

I have a feeling where this is going........

welcome to TTA

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
02-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Welcome aboard...there I stayed focusedDrinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
02-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Oh yeah! Most of our conversations are very foc..... oh look theres a raccoon outside my window. I wonder if it has any family. Where was i? Oh right! We are very focused and chatty peeps. Welcome Smile

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
02-05-2014, 01:01 PM
Welcome cookies for you!
[Image: welcome2.jpg~original]

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
02-05-2014, 01:19 PM
(02-05-2014 12:02 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  DodgyConsider

I have a feeling where this is going........

Mmmmmyes.

Well, every Esoteric.Youth does like to share their ideas about how people are not understanding how to live a genuine life. Because every Esoteric.Youth already knows everything ... especially everything about how to a genuine life... because they've lived such a long and genuine life.

Dodgy

Fuck it; not my responsibility to explain. Drinking Beverage I'm on vacation.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
02-05-2014, 01:32 PM
Hello. Maybe you could define for us what you mean by a genuine life.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
02-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Hi and welcome!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]