Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2014, 05:59 AM
Big Grin Introduction
Hi Seth and crew,

My name is Curtis Yates. I have been an Atheist now for about 4 years and always listen to your shows. I live in Australia so you can imagine how excited i am to hear the Unholy trinity toure is coming to Brisbane. I am even more excited now i have my ticket right here next to me.

I love your work and the work of your friends AronRa and Matt.

I believed in god because my family believed. My father turned to spirituality after a "near death" experience after a car accident. being young i followed suit. eventually i thought it was all a wrong when the same people would show up with the same issues every week to our house where dad would hold spiritual meetings. Then i had an argument with a family member over some pictures with "orbs" in them. I showed her the evidence that orbs were infact dust particles and not ghosts. she refused to see the truth of the situation.

so i asked, what else have i been wrong about? And i began to research.

Well i, like most, was blown away by the one and only Christopher Hitchens and then Dawkins, Harris and of course, you.

Your efforts have helped me in so many ways. From letters to a local newspaper debating religious contributors to knowing that i am not alone.

I know you must get this a lot but i certainly hope i get the chance to thank you in person for your work.

Regards

Curtis Yates

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2014, 06:46 AM
RE: Introduction
Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
19-12-2014, 10:07 AM
Welcome Curtis, you may want to send your intro in an email directly to Seth. He'll probably never see it here.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
19-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Welcome aboard! Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
19-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Enjoy!
I'm from Oz and didn't know about the Unholy Trinity tour.
Do you know David Nicholls?
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
20-12-2014, 03:07 AM
Thanks to all. Mr Woof, Check out the Atheist Foundation of Australia. They have a link to get tickets. Pablo, i am not sure how to email Seth directly... any advice would be helpful.

"If there is a god, I wish he would come down here and clean up his mess." C. Yates