Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Introduction
Hello! I am relatively new to the free thought/atheism world. I am a 36 year old single mother of 3 boys, who lives in rural Oklahoma. For numerous reasons, including the possibility of losing my home and job (both of which are reliant upon my super-religious parents), I have not yet come out to anyone. I am starving for rational interaction. I am s-l-o-w-l-y introducing my children to rational thought and teaching them to question and think for themselves. I was raised in the church, homeschooled for 4 years, Christian school for my senior year of high school and went to a Christian college for one year. I currently am pursuing my BS for Medical Laboratory Sciences.

I look forward to exploring the website and forums and meeting you wonderful people!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kathariskepsi316's post
06-06-2016, 01:13 PM
RE: Introduction
Welcome!
14-06-2016, 11:51 AM
Oh welcome here again as well. I just said welcome in your other thread but whatever.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
14-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
14-06-2016, 04:46 PM
Welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy yourself.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
15-06-2016, 01:40 AM
I lived in OKC for a bit over a year. Terrifying state/culture, in terms of the Christian radical influence there.

Hope you find some comfort here.

Welcome!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
15-06-2016, 06:29 AM
Hello! Big Grin
15-06-2016, 08:36 AM
Welcome!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart