Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2016, 03:28 PM
RE: Introduction
(15-06-2016 11:03 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Check meetup.com for local groups (either atheist/skeptic ones or just other hobbies and activities you enjoy)

http://ffrf.org/about/ffrf-chapters can get you in touch with local atheist groups
http://www.seculardirectory.org/find-a-group/ can as well
or just google 'find local atheist groups' for other options

and you can always vent here...

Thank you for this. Some of my friends I have had for 20+ years, and losing them is very difficult for me, regardless of the fact that I know they are wrong. I live with my brother who is a Christian and I am still "in the closet" where he is concerned because, honestly, he will get very angry if he knows...to the point of being potentially violent. It's difficult to have to pretend in the very place you live. So, I appreciate your suggestions, and will look into them.

-Belinda
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Belinda's post
15-06-2016, 05:37 PM
(15-06-2016 03:28 PM)Belinda Wrote:  I live with my brother who is a Christian and I am still "in the closet" where he is concerned because, honestly, he will get very angry if he knows...to the point of being potentially violent.

So sorry to hear this! Sad

You could do us a great favor by answering, with this information, on the threads where some people say that we attack the Christian faith "too much" while ignoring the dangers of radical Islam, when we try to tell them that it's plenty present in Christian 'Murka.

They simply have no experience with the fundamentalist enclaves of our culture, and don't realize that the cancer is just as much in our country as it is in the others-- theirs is simply more widespread/rampant/malignant because the heavily-Muslim nations don't have an equivalent to the Enlightenment, so there's no counter-meme to oppose those who are like your brother (just like it's too infrequent in the fundamentalist enclaves of the USA).

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
16-06-2016, 07:08 AM
Welcome to TTA. You will find friends here.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-06-2016, 01:32 PM
(16-06-2016 07:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome to TTA. You will find friends here.

And then you'll be that person with all the weird friends Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-06-2016, 02:28 PM
Hello! Big Grin