Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Introduction
Hey there! I'm Tyler, a 15 year old currently residing in Northern Nevada but soon to move to an area near Houston. I hope here I can spread all my views anonymously and not have to offend every sensitive wackjob on my Facebook friend's list... In terms of religion, I used to consider myself a Christian (really all I did was go to church and pray), then had a falling out with the church. I tried to look into why I fell out with the church, started researching things about Christianity and begame kind of apathetic to religion. I realized I fell out then moved on. Just recently I have been trying to work my way into the New Atheist movement, as well as begin to understand particular scientific subjects such as physics, neuroscience and evolution, which actually often help me make points against religion. But on top of this I am working my way into philosophy and politics; at the moment my views seem to be very Liberal, and somewhat left wing, Marxist philosophy is intriguing but none of the parties seem very alluring at the moment. I hope to discuss these topics here on the forum.
ON TOP OF BEGINNING A NEW ERA OF KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING IN MY LIFE, I would consider myself a music enthusiast. Or at least I listen to it a Hell of a lot. Anything rock or metal seems to do the trick, usually newer stuff, makes me feel less cultured but who gives a damn... really into technology, I home built my computer, I game once in a while (awaiting releases of ACIII, Dishonored and Borderlands 2 to get back into it, playing my way through the GTA IV campaign right now), primarily on Xbox and my PC. I love watching movies, some favorites would be American History X, Pulp Fiction, and some more modern stuff such as There Will Be Blood, The Dark Knight trilogy, Prometheus, etc.
I guess my religious views would be... I consider myself an atheist, of course. I used to call myself an agnostic atheists but honestly, nobody KNOWS with certainty whether a deity exists or not. You simply can't. Nobody is truly gnostic, everybody is agnostic whether they like to admit it or not. So I decided to shorten the label to simply "atheist"; though agreeing with Christopher Hitchens on the possibility of an atheist WISHING a deity existed, I am glad there is no evidence for one and would also consider myself an active anti-theist.
Politically... I really only know enough to form social opinions. I am a complete supporter for equal rights with every race, religion, or sexual orientation, as long as they do not infringe on the rights of others with this right; something clearly defined in the constitution. I am an avid supporter for gay marriage, the end of the war on marijuana and instead support the legalization and taxation of it, I am pro-choice primarily but believe the legality of abortion should be determined by the stage of development the fetus is in, and probably some other shit I can't remember because I'm tired as Hell.
BUT YEAH; that's me. I look forward to being an active member on these forums!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 11:54 PM
RE: Introduction
Welcome. We're already judging you.

Just kidding. What are we, theists? Heart
[+] 1 user Likes rook2004's post
07-09-2012, 11:57 PM
(07-09-2012 11:17 PM)TBH717 Wrote:  I have been trying to work my way into the New Atheist movement...

Dude, you're already in it... and you are welcome.

Watch out for the occasional troll amongst the gentle or outspoken theists, deists and theists here (yes, all are welcome).

If you get into anything you feel you can't handle... just shout... there are plenty of folks here to support you.

Enjoy yourself.

08-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Shun the non-believer.... SHUNNNNNN

Smile... Welcome aboard.

Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself. - Robert Ingersoll
[Image: jVZNc.jpg]
10-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Welcome.

Lot of new teens lately.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
10-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Welcome aboard

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume