Introduction - Belief check.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Smile Introduction - Belief check.
Hello everybody,

My name is Adam. I hail from the great land of New York, to bear gifts. A gift nobody else could ever put upon you, and that gift my fellow people would be my opinion. Although "atheist", I keep my mind open to any possibility no matter the effect or as some may say "preposterous belief". While I may not agree, I try to at the least grasp the way that you conceptualize your own beliefs. I make my greatest attept to understand any knowledge that passes me by, may it be a non-factual opinion or fact. I try to be as free of a thinker as I can be, I voice my beliefs at times, but never push them upon you. Many "atheists" I have come into contact with do not think this way, and although they may be "atheist" they are still not truly free thinking. I quote "atheist" because in my opinion at the least, I do believe atheism is not at current but is becoming in it's own sense an established organization if not a religion. It may not be a deity but believing purely in science is still believing in a concept. I myself believe in science but also for things science can not explain at this current time, I am open to all possibilities to disregard or accept with my own will. Science can explain everything, yes, but just because it can, does not mean it has. Of course very, very few things have not been, but I try to be open on those very few things.

That intro was a joke but as you read on this was something a very wise man once told me early in high school, although I may have been "atheist" at the time it made me rethink the definition of what I really am.

Anyway, I hope to enjoy my stay here and I also hope to expand your minds beyond how open they already are. I do not wish to push my beliefs on any one of you, but only to continue the expansion of knowledge we all hold.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
-Charles Darwin

Heart.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply