Introduction Whats Your Function?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Introduction Whats Your Function?
Hello...

Been a Christian for about fifteen years now. Forgot the exact date, but I remember it was on a Sunday morning. Anyways I am a bible believing Christian who prefers the NASB translation, hence my name. I don't care much for fundamentalist Christians, though most here would consider me one.

I can appreciate a good debate and hope to find some interesting conversation along the way. Don't care to be preachy, but it'll probably slip out once and awhile. I like being challenged in my faith, simply because it strengthens my walk as a Christian. So this is sort of old hat for me, spent time debating in Atheist forums in the past...

Anyways I won't be here as often as I like, but it should be rather consistent. So feel free to ask me any questions, say hi, or quote me a bible verse or two.

Later
NASB
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2015, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2015 07:05 PM by DLJ.)
RE: Introduction Whats Your Function?
Welcome to TTA.

I was thinking North Atlantic something something ... didn't know it was a bible version (goes off to google)

We have high tolerance of the non-preachy. I hope you have fun here.

(22-09-2015 06:43 PM)NASB Wrote:  ...
I like being challenged in my faith, simply because it strengthens my walk as a Christian.

Yup. I do that kinda thing too... allowed myself to be dragged along to a church in Sydney a few years ago. I like to have my non-beliefs challenged.

Thumbsup

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
22-09-2015, 07:10 PM
(22-09-2015 06:43 PM)NASB Wrote:  Hello...

Been a Christian for about fifteen years now. Forgot the exact date, but I remember it was on a Sunday morning. Anyways I am a bible believing Christian who prefers the NASB translation, hence my name. I don't care much for fundamentalist Christians, though most here would consider me one.

I can appreciate a good debate and hope to find some interesting conversation along the way. Don't care to be preachy, but it'll probably slip out once and awhile. I like being challenged in my faith, simply because it strengthens my walk as a Christian. So this is sort of old hat for me, spent time debating in Atheist forums in the past...

Anyways I won't be here as often as I like, but it should be rather consistent. So feel free to ask me any questions, say hi, or quote me a bible verse or two.

Later
NASB

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-09-2015, 07:11 PM
(22-09-2015 07:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Facepalm

You have a strange way of saying "hello".

Dodgy

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
22-09-2015, 07:12 PM
(22-09-2015 07:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 07:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...

You have a strange way of saying "hello".

Dodgy

He asked for Bible quotes.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-09-2015, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2015 07:17 PM by jennybee.)
Welcome!
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
22-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Hi, & welcome! Shy
Careful what you wish for, tho! Confused
Tongue

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
22-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Welcome, n00b. My function is the joyous celebration of Gwyneth Paltrow. Heart

(22-09-2015 07:02 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Yup. I do that kinda thing too... allowed myself to be dragged along to a church in Sydney a few years ago. I like to have my non-beliefs challenged.

Thumbsup

Translation: there's a girl... there's always a girl.

(22-09-2015 07:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 07:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  You have a strange way of saying "hello".

Dodgy

But you know better. Now hold your hand out for the ruler...

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-09-2015, 07:52 PM
(22-09-2015 07:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 07:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  You have a strange way of saying "hello".

Dodgy

He did indeed.

But isn't it more polite to say 'hi' with Ezekiel 23:19-20?

Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
22-09-2015, 08:10 PM
(22-09-2015 06:43 PM)NASB Wrote:  Hello...

Later
NASB

Welcome aboard!

Settle in, listen to a few podcasts on the homepage, read a few researched papers posted in the research database area under atheism, check out the boxing area for a few entertaining readings of previous and current debates...ask some questions, provide some answers...just well, enjoy your stay. We have several polite theists here, and always welcome another....if you really want your faith challenged, that can happen too. I have been known to dabble a little in that field Smile

Glad you found us, enjoy your stay.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post