Introduction Whats Your Function?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2015, 07:02 PM
RE: Introduction Whats Your Function?
(23-09-2015 09:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Welcome! I'm also a theist, but I'm from the other side of the fence. I'm a Jew. I hope you find stimulating conversation here that keeps you thinking and growing. Smile
Nice to meet you Aliza. Do you a position/opinion concerning the Old Testamnet? Thanks for introducing yourself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2015, 07:47 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-09-2015, 07:57 PM
(22-09-2015 06:43 PM)NASB Wrote:  Hello...

Been a Christian for about fifteen years now.

Hello...

What were you before? (I’m assuming you’re older than fifteen).

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-09-2015, 08:05 PM
(23-09-2015 06:02 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 05:50 PM)NASB Wrote:  I liked until Shallow Hal, how shallow is that?

Uh-oh Back away slowly Laugh out load Gwyneth is hallowed ground here. Tongue

I'll wait until I catch him outside the intro section. Evil_monster

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-09-2015, 08:06 PM
Welcome. Non-preachy theists are always welcome here, we even had one as admin before.

This is the intro section, and it is closely moderated, unlike the discussion areas. So, it would be good if you could start a thread elsewhere on some topic or just to get things rolling in general. That way I won't have to crack my ruler on too many hands here for forgetting that the intro section is not for discussions. Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
24-09-2015, 08:07 PM
(24-09-2015 07:02 PM)NASB Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 09:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Welcome! I'm also a theist, but I'm from the other side of the fence. I'm a Jew. I hope you find stimulating conversation here that keeps you thinking and growing. Smile
Nice to meet you Aliza. Do you a position/opinion concerning the Old Testamnet? Thanks for introducing yourself.

I take the Jewish position on the Hebrew Bible. Tongue

I'm sure as you start reading through and posting on the boards, you'll uncover my position in a little more detail. If you have specific questions about where I stand, it might be best to PM me, as I don't wish to overstay my welcome by having too deep of a theological discussion here on an atheist forum.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
24-09-2015, 08:10 PM
(24-09-2015 08:07 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 07:02 PM)NASB Wrote:  Nice to meet you Aliza. Do you a position/opinion concerning the Old Testamnet? Thanks for introducing yourself.

I take the Jewish position on the Hebrew Bible. Tongue

I'm sure as you start reading through and posting on the boards, you'll uncover my position in a little more detail. If you have specific questions about where I stand, it might be best to PM me, as I don't wish to overstay my welcome by having too deep of a theological discussion here on an atheist forum.

You two could also go in the boxing ring and have a discussion there - others will not be able to join in, but I am sure it would be interesting for all of us to follow.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-09-2015, 08:11 PM
(24-09-2015 08:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 08:07 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I take the Jewish position on the Hebrew Bible. Tongue

You two could also go in the boxing ring and have a discussion there - others will not be able to join in, but I am sure it would be interesting for all of us to follow.

Are you having a discussion in the intro section? Angel

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
24-09-2015, 08:13 PM
(24-09-2015 08:11 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 08:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  You two could also go in the boxing ring and have a discussion there - others will not be able to join in, but I am sure it would be interesting for all of us to follow.

Are you having a discussion in the intro section? Angel

Oh dear, I am discussing alternatives to the intro section in the intro section. Gasp

24-09-2015, 08:14 PM
(24-09-2015 08:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 08:11 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Are you having a discussion in the intro section? Angel

Oh dear, I am discussing alternatives to the intro section in the intro section. Gasp

How very meta of you. Does that make it a meta violation? Consider

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post