Introductions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2017, 01:54 PM
RE: Introductions
G'day Eh? Tongue

Welcome

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2017, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2017 04:38 AM by DLJ.)
(18-06-2017 02:11 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Welcome to TTA. That question would be more apropos for a non-introduction thread, and we'd need more specifics... but we're glad to help!
I'd assumed. Wanted to say hello first.

(18-06-2017 02:11 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Maybe here for your intro, tell us a bit about yourself. It's cool that we're all non-theists, but really we're as diverse as you could imagine-- it's like gathering all the "non-stamp-collectors" together. Other than the fact that they don't collect stamps, they have nothing else in common unless they talk to one another and find out "hey, you like science fiction, too? Awesome! What's your favorite show?" et cetera.

Sure. I'm 30, an engineer, went to a Church of England school where we had prayers every assembly and the class went to a sermon at church every few months. Obviously I ended up an atheist.

I've worked around the world, Germany, Italy, Saudi Arabia, the US. I love reading and bad sci fi. I love history and occasionally take part in HEMA. I run a couple of games on the space battles forum.
[+] 1 user Likes inq101's post
19-06-2017, 09:52 PM
(19-06-2017 05:04 PM)inq101 Wrote:  I love history and occasionally take part in HEMA. I run a couple of games on the space battles forum.

Though I don't participate in it, must say I look forward to each update of By the Grace of the God Emperor; though I'm almost always certain that the dakka-happy posters are going to get the good Governor and his family killed via intrigue instead.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-06-2017, 10:13 PM
Welcome! Thumbsup
20-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Welcome to the forum. Have you tried thick rubber gloves and tongs?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
23-06-2017, 04:23 AM
(18-06-2017 01:24 PM)inq101 Wrote:  Hi all.

I'm an atheist from the UK hoping to get some advice on how to handle some of the more vehement Christians I've started running into recently.

A fellow Brit! WOO!

Feel free to ask away with the questions, everybody here will assist where they can Smile

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
23-06-2017, 05:09 AM
Hello from serpentdove

I'm happy to be here with you all. Shy
23-06-2017, 05:12 AM

I'm an atheist from the UK hoping to get some advice on how to handle some of the more vehement Christians I've started running into recently.

That would be me. Bangin I'm a newbie, too. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes serpentdove's post
23-06-2017, 06:48 AM
(23-06-2017 05:12 AM)serpentdove Wrote:  

That would be me. Bangin I'm a newbie, too. Smile

Welcome, SD. Feel free to create your own thread in Introductions and tell us a little about yourself, if you care to.
23-06-2017, 12:03 PM
(23-06-2017 06:48 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(23-06-2017 05:12 AM)serpentdove Wrote:  That would be me. Bangin I'm a newbie, too. Smile

Welcome, SD. Feel free to create your own thread in Introductions and tell us a little about yourself, if you care to.

I would say something but this is the intro section and I don't want to get in troubleBig Grin