Poll: What are you on the personality scale?
Introvert
Extravert
Ambivert
Vorgon
[Show Results]

Introvert, Extravert or Ambiversion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2016, 07:14 AM
RE: Introvert, Extravert or Ambiversion?
I didn't realize I was an introvert until recently when DLJ pointed it out.

I am by no means shy. I actually thrived as public speaker. I have travelled extensively and I make friends easily. As life long entrepreneur, I always had people working for me and I think I was a good boss, people were always motivated.
I enjoy socializing one on one or in very small groups (5 tops), but for a couple hours at a time.

I can do small talk and do so for the occasional 5 minutes here and there with people I know peripherally (neighbors, people at the supermarket and such), but it's something I do for them, not me.

Mostly I like to be by myself. My husband was the same, we could be alone together. He had his man cave, I had my computer room/office and we spent much time separately. We always got together for dinner and talked up a storm as we shared a lot of interests.

When he died, my introversion became very obvious. The last thing I want is another husband, the idea of dating totally turns me off. I love living alone, I do what I want when I want and while this was possible with my husband also, it is unlikely that it will be so with someone else.

I meet with a girlfriend for lunch occasionally, and I have several other friends I see off and on. I can take it or leave it. I don't know what the words "bored" or "lonely" mean. I am never bored or lonely.

I do much enjoy the company of animals, always have, since I was a toddler. I have dogs, hubby had cats (whom I care for now). They give me unconditional love and make me laugh - not a day passes where I don't laugh because of what my dogs are up to.

My life is well rounded and I am happy - without other people.

I just wish people would get that and quit trying to match me up with possible mates...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Dom's post
21-03-2016, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2016 07:45 AM by jennybee.)
I feel like I'm happiest living in extremes. In a perfect world, I'd live in a loft in the heart of the city part of the year so I could be social. I'd spend time going to trendy new restaurants, salsa dancing, going to festivals and wineries, spending time with family and friends, going to art galleries, museums, plays, opera, concerts. Going shopping, getting my hair and nails done. Do some volunteering. Teach some yoga classes, maybe teach some Zumba classes, and take some more Krav Maga classes. Basically, do anything that involves a lot of people and fun.

For the other part of the year, I'd go off the grid Bear Grylls style. I'd spend 6 months just hiking and backpacking and sleeping on dirt. Maybe stopping once a month for a hot shower at a random hotel.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
21-03-2016, 07:47 AM
None of the above.

I don't vert............

It sounds nasty...

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
21-03-2016, 09:03 AM
I'm a shy extravert. It also depends on the people I'm with. With some people I'm the life of the party and with others I go into a shrinking violet mode and become very shy. If I find my comfort zone around people I feel free to be funny and outgoing.

So there you have it. Wink

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
21-03-2016, 10:00 AM
I seldom put much credence on these sorts of socio-psychological character categorisations, but for what it's worth, I'm definitely an ambivert.

I "often take pleasure in solitary activities such as reading, writing, using computers, hiking and fishing" but equally I'm "enthusiastic, talkative, assertive, and gregarious".

While I was searching for the definition of ambivert, I came across A Quick Test To See Whether You Are An Introvert, Extrovert Or Ambivert.

It rated me an introvert—which I disagree with—and which reinforces my belief that these character trait things are all nonsense.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
21-03-2016, 10:34 AM
Ambivert I reckon, a bit of both. I like going out and having a few drinks etc.... Births, deaths and marriages are always great fun. It's the only time the whole family gets together.

I also value being alone. I enjoy walking the dog in shit weather. That way I wont have to meet other dog walkers. If I do happen to encounter a fellow dog walker in the pouring rain, the chances are that he/she is of the same mindset. A nod and a mumbled reference to the weather is enough and off we go on our merry way.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
21-03-2016, 10:47 AM
(21-03-2016 10:00 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I seldom put much credence on these sorts of socio-psychological character categorisations, but for what it's worth, I'm definitely an ambivert.

I "often take pleasure in solitary activities such as reading, writing, using computers, hiking and fishing" but equally I'm "enthusiastic, talkative, assertive, and gregarious".

While I was searching for the definition of ambivert, I came across A Quick Test To See Whether You Are An Introvert, Extrovert Or Ambivert.

It rated me an introvert—which I disagree with—and which reinforces my belief that these character trait things are all nonsense.

I got extrovert - because I like to try new foods, am a risk taker and have an adventurous streak.

Obviously whoever wrote this test didn't understand introverts. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
21-03-2016, 03:40 PM
I'm a Vorgon, that has learned the importance of a well made towel.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
21-03-2016, 03:55 PM
[Image: 3f16a86210b52dec946219f7cd8b042d.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-03-2016, 03:59 PM
I am definitely an introvert, if I ever do the Myers Briggs personality test I always get INTP and its scary accurate. I usually don't put too much stock in tests like that but the more I research it the more I realize it's very exacting. I read somewhere that many of the "NT" types are prone to atheism/agnosticism which is fine by me but it doesn't make that much of a difference if you are introvert or extrovert.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post