Poll: What are you on the personality scale?
Introvert
Extravert
Ambivert
Vorgon
[Show Results]

Introvert, Extravert or Ambiversion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2016, 04:06 PM
RE: Introvert, Extravert or Ambiversion?
Introvert. 100%. No doubt.

I do happen to be very shy and socially awkward too, but I think that's irrelevant. Even when I'm with people I don't feel shy around, there is this intense discomfort when I have to spend a lot of time with lots of people. Family, friends, anyone.

I need lots of alone time. I've been called anti-social more than once, but meh. I enjoy going out, just not very often and not for many hours. I don't hate people and I do enjoy their company for a limited time (though less limited when it's just one person), but the more time passes by, the more I crave for home, home, home. Alone.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like undergroundp's post
21-03-2016, 05:13 PM
(21-03-2016 03:59 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I am definitely an introvert, if I ever do the Myers Briggs personality test I always get INTP and its scary accurate. I usually don't put too much stock in tests like that but the more I research it the more I realize it's very exacting. I read somewhere that many of the "NT" types are prone to atheism/agnosticism which is fine by me but it doesn't make that much of a difference if you are introvert or extrovert.

There is a significantly high number of active members here who identified under INTJ on here from polls in the past. Which was something dlj was noticing was interesting since its supposed to be so rare. I do mainly range intp myself though, so it was also a big group of those NT types.

So I consider these polls and this poll directly equating without flaw or circumstance regardless of whatever mumbo jumbo someone proclaims Tongue

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
21-03-2016, 05:37 PM
I wonder if the introverted are also more prone to introspection which may be why more atheist fall on the introvert line than the standard. It would stand to reason (though I have no data to back up my hypothesis) that people who search their own minds for reason and logic would also be more satisfied with doing so. If you get my drift?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
21-03-2016, 05:44 PM
(21-03-2016 05:37 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I wonder if the introverted are also more prone to introspection which may be why more atheist fall on the introvert line than the standard. It would stand to reason (though I have no data to back up my hypothesis) that people who search their own minds for reason and logic would also be more satisfied with doing so. If you get my drift?

I think that introverts are less susceptible to group think....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-03-2016, 05:48 PM
(21-03-2016 05:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 05:37 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I wonder if the introverted are also more prone to introspection which may be why more atheist fall on the introvert line than the standard. It would stand to reason (though I have no data to back up my hypothesis) that people who search their own minds for reason and logic would also be more satisfied with doing so. If you get my drift?

I think that introverts are less susceptible to group think....

I'd like to think that but after attending many atheist meetings and conferences I didn't really see any more individuality there compared to any other group I've observed. Of course that just my own anecdotal experiences.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
21-03-2016, 05:50 PM
I'm kinda in the middle.

Hubby is an extrovert. Older son is in middle with me. Younger son is on the spectrum so he's more introverted.

I have friends that both lean toward being introverts, but their daughters are both extroverts -- big time outgoing -- one is the girl everyone just loves -- she's friendly and nice to everyone she meets -- she doesn't like being alone and would rather be around people. So far their parents find them a bit exhausting.

That's got to be difficult.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-03-2016, 06:56 PM
(21-03-2016 05:48 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 05:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think that introverts are less susceptible to group think....

I'd like to think that but after attending many atheist meetings and conferences I didn't really see any more individuality there compared to any other group I've observed. Of course that just my own anecdotal experiences.

But you are not all that likely to run into introverted atheists at meetings. You'll see them mostly on the podium and then vanished or they will be at home and not attending. Also, atheism is fact based. if we agree on the facts, there won't be individual opinions about them. Facts are facts.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-03-2016, 07:01 PM

I think I do. When I worked as a mechanic, I had a few instances where the people came in and told me what to do with their vehicles- self diagnosed. If I am told what to repair/replace, I could do that with impunity, as that is what the customer wanted. But I don't feel right at all when the customer comes to pick up their vehicle, and it actually isn't repaired. After a couple of those episodes, I would tell them that I would look into it and let them know what I found. If they didn't agree, I would send them on their way with no repair, or make the repair I diagnosed. If I misdiagnosed it, that cost the boss money. I didn't want to do that, either, so I had to work hard to be sure I was right.

I grew poor as piss on a plate, and just can't conscionably take a person's money if the actual problem isn't fixed. It's throwing their money away; money that may be feeding their children or paying the rent.

In the end, I feel that the intense use of logic for those repairs (and my studying physics) helped with my final admission to myself that I was an atheist. Note that I had some suspicions years before that, based on non-answers that I got in catechism.
21-03-2016, 07:02 PM
Always been an introvert. I rarely go to parties, and when I do I just want to go home... I've always been content with my own company, my own thoughts. I'm on my own right now... There are others in the building I could talk to, but I'm happy to just troll you all on here.

I go out on a Saturday night for a few drinks, and talk to a few people in the pub. But it takes more than alcohol to get me to go nuts... At best I'll launch a transcontinental expedition to buy a bag of chicken and chips.

Yet, despite this I manage to get up on stage with a band and play deafeningly loud guitar all night... Fucking weird.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
21-03-2016, 07:07 PM
(21-03-2016 07:02 PM)Sam Wrote:  Always been an introvert. I rarely go to parties, and when I do I just want to go home... I've always been content with my own company, my own thoughts. I'm on my own right now... There are others in the building I could talk to, but I'm happy to just troll you all on here.

I go out on a Saturday night for a few drinks, and talk to a few people in the pub. But it takes more than alcohol to get me to go nuts... At best I'll launch a transcontinental expedition to buy a bag of chicken and chips.

Yet, despite this I manage to get up on stage with a band and play deafeningly loud guitar all night... Fucking weird.

For some reason lots of introverts don't mind performing for the public - actors, musicians, news casters, public speakers - many introverts can be found in those professions. Once done with the performance, they go - poof!

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post