Poll: What are you on the personality scale?
Introvert
Extravert
Ambivert
Vorgon
[Show Results]

Introvert, Extravert or Ambiversion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: Introvert, Extravert or Ambiversion?
(21-03-2016 07:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 07:02 PM)Sam Wrote:  Always been an introvert. I rarely go to parties, and when I do I just want to go home... I've always been content with my own company, my own thoughts. I'm on my own right now... There are others in the building I could talk to, but I'm happy to just troll you all on here.

I go out on a Saturday night for a few drinks, and talk to a few people in the pub. But it takes more than alcohol to get me to go nuts... At best I'll launch a transcontinental expedition to buy a bag of chicken and chips.

Yet, despite this I manage to get up on stage with a band and play deafeningly loud guitar all night... Fucking weird.

For some reason lots of introverts don't mind performing for the public - actors, musicians, news casters, public speakers - many introverts can be found in those professions. Once done with the performance, they go - poof!

Funny that... But its true. While we're playing I'm on top of the world. As soon as we're done, I just want to go home and sit on my own.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Sam's post
21-03-2016, 07:13 PM
(21-03-2016 05:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm kinda in the middle.

Hubby is an extrovert. Older son is in middle with me. Younger son is on the spectrum so he's more introverted.

I have friends that both lean toward being introverts, but their daughters are both extroverts -- big time outgoing -- one is the girl everyone just loves -- she's friendly and nice to everyone she meets -- she doesn't like being alone and would rather be around people. So far their parents find them a bit exhausting.

That's got to be difficult.

My older daughter can barely stand to be alone for even a few minutes. She always needs people around her. The younger one used to be like that but I think she is more the 'alone in a crowd' type now. My son is as much an introvert as I am.

As for the oldest...her life would drive me nuts. I would lose my mind if I never had time alone. I used to be the 'alone in a crowd' person and finally just gave up on crowds.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-03-2016, 07:15 PM
Very introverted, shy, anti-social. I have very few real life friends and I do not spend much time with them, mainly because they live quite far away but also because I just do not like being social. My shyness + anxiety just make it very, very uncomfortable and difficult.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
21-03-2016, 07:36 PM
(21-03-2016 07:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 05:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm kinda in the middle.

Hubby is an extrovert. Older son is in middle with me. Younger son is on the spectrum so he's more introverted.

I have friends that both lean toward being introverts, but their daughters are both extroverts -- big time outgoing -- one is the girl everyone just loves -- she's friendly and nice to everyone she meets -- she doesn't like being alone and would rather be around people. So far their parents find them a bit exhausting.

That's got to be difficult.

My older daughter can barely stand to be alone for even a few minutes. She always needs people around her. The younger one used to be like that but I think she is more the 'alone in a crowd' type now. My son is as much an introvert as I am.

As for the oldest...her life would drive me nuts. I would lose my mind if I never had time alone. I used to be the 'alone in a crowd' person and finally just gave up on crowds.

I've always been quite comfortable being alone or in a crowd. I like both. I'm usually the one making sure people like you have someone to talk to. Tongue so they're not too bored.

My friends although her hubby is a judge, and used to public speaking, hates, no loathes being in public or attending swank affairs. His wife is bit like him, although she does tolerate us girls. We get together about once a month.

Their older daughter is so outgoing...it's like the polar opposite of them. The younger daughter is very similar. Recently the older child said she wants to be either a cheerleader or a lawyer when she grows up. Laugh out load

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

21-03-2016, 07:44 PM
I'm fine being in a crowd or at a place with tons of people... you can always still be alone and with oneself while in a crowd. The sutra's teach one on how one can live alone while amongst others. Thumbsup

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
22-03-2016, 01:21 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2016 12:25 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(21-03-2016 07:39 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I feel like I'm happiest living in extremes. In a perfect world, I'd live in a loft in the heart of the city part of the year so I could be social. I'd spend time going to trendy new restaurants, salsa dancing, going to festivals and wineries, spending time with family and friends, going to art galleries, museums, plays, opera, concerts. Going shopping, getting my hair and nails done. Do some volunteering. Teach some yoga classes, maybe teach some Zumba classes, and take some more Krav Maga classes. Basically, do anything that involves a lot of people and fun.

For the other part of the year, I'd go off the grid Bear Grylls style. I'd spend 6 months just hiking and backpacking and sleeping on dirt. Maybe stopping once a month for a hot shower at a random hotel.

Living in the country, but not too far from a big city, I do have the options at hand. I've spent so much of my life in cities -- SoCal, Teheran, Dallas/Fort Worth -- that I still get a thrill out of being woken by a songbird singing outside my window. But I do sometimes love the hustle and bustle, keep-your-head-on-a-swivel demands that the city makes on a person. Having said that, I love driving home on highways lined by wildflowers, and pulling up to see a bald eagle in my yard; watching a roadrunner eating his lunch of baby rattler under my juniper; hearing the song of the cicada.

It's really about the speed of one's life. As I grow older I like the slower pace of life in the sticks and rue the fact that Austin gets about a half-mile closer to my neck of nowhere every month. Younger, the hustle and bustle of Sunset Strip was, yeah, right about my speed. Never gigged there, but sure as hell wanted to -- "life in the fast lane", right? And even as I near fifty, I do find country life, as much as I love it, stultifying, because I see the same people most days and know their interests, whim, and foibles. The city is great for new experiences with new people, just as extroversion is; the country is great for rediscovering private secrets by yourself ... just as introversion is.

To my mind, there's a lot to be said for both. You're a yogist. You know as well as anyone here the value of leading a balanced life.

That's what I strive towards ... my avatar says it all: balance in motion.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
22-03-2016, 01:45 AM
Introvert I guess. I prefer solitary activities like reading, going to parties isn't something that I'm interested in. Apart from occasional interaction I like to be alone.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
22-03-2016, 09:02 AM
From what I have been reading, the main difference between introverts and extraverts is that while extraverts get energized by interactions with other people, introverts get energized by alone time.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
22-03-2016, 10:54 AM
(21-03-2016 04:06 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Introvert. 100%. No doubt.

I do happen to be very shy and socially awkward too, but I think that's irrelevant. Even when I'm with people I don't feel shy around, there is this intense discomfort when I have to spend a lot of time with lots of people. Family, friends, anyone.

I need lots of alone time. I've been called anti-social more than once, but meh. I enjoy going out, just not very often and not for many hours. I don't hate people and I do enjoy their company for a limited time (though less limited when it's just one person), but the more time passes by, the more I crave for home, home, home. Alone.

Thanks, undergroundp! You saved me the trouble of writing a post. Because the above is a pretty accurate description of me as well.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
22-03-2016, 01:23 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm a controvert, possibly an interconvert, and maybe even a pervert. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post