Introverts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2015, 07:43 PM
RE: Introverts
The collapsed quote version of that list reads to me as, Tennis Champion Augustus Ceasar

You're right, many things I didn't know about my fellow introverts

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
25-04-2015, 07:46 PM
I can relate in some ways, though I'm probably closer to ambivert. I'm not bothered by crowds, and I'm quite good at giving speeches. Audiences don't really make me nervous. But if I'm at a big party, it's because I'm a designated driver doing a favor for a friend or fulfilling some other social or professional obligation. I don't personally get anything from it. When I need to recharge and get my head back together, it's solitude all the way. I deal with people well because I learned to. It didn't come naturally.

'Murican Canadian
25-04-2015, 07:49 PM
(25-04-2015 07:46 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I can relate in some ways, though I'm probably closer to ambivert. I'm not bothered by crowds, and I'm quite good at giving speeches. Audiences don't really make me nervous. But if I'm at a big party, it's because I'm a designated driver doing a favor for a friend or fulfilling some other social or professional obligation. I don't personally get anything from it. When I need to recharge and get my head back together, it's solitude all the way. I deal with people well because I learned to. It didn't come naturally.

Many introverts give public speeches in front of crowds. That ability is actually one of our traits.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
25-04-2015, 07:53 PM
Smile RE: Introverts
I was an extreme introvert for decades and it really worried me.
I turned to alcohol and drugs for minimal relief.
Also, I would create a persona that may have fooled others. but not me.
Philosophy, psychology, and CBT has helped me become more spontaneous.Shy
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
25-04-2015, 07:55 PM
(25-04-2015 07:53 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I was an extreme introvert for decades and it really worried me.
I turned to alcohol and drugs for minimal relief.
Also, I would create a persona that may have fooled others. but not me.
Philosophy, psychology, and CBT has helped me become more spontaneous.Shy

Relief? It's not an affliction and it doesn't hurt.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
25-04-2015, 08:04 PM
This is interesting too:

http://www.truity.com/personality-type/intp

25-04-2015, 08:13 PM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ology-Test

This has results for several forum members.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
25-04-2015, 09:10 PM
What about the extroverts? What if you only want one vert? You woudn't need any extra. And what is a vert anyway?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
25-04-2015, 09:33 PM
(25-04-2015 07:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  ...
Many introverts give public speeches in front of crowds. That ability is actually one of our traits.

Yup. Almost every working day.
Ain't it great to be payed to do something you hate?

(25-04-2015 08:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  This is interesting too:

http://www.truity.com/personality-type/intp

Oddly enough, the office girls did a similar test like this on Friday (and forced me to do it too). I didn't want to because I'm always INTJ.

This time I came out as INTP and I was horrified because I felt like I'd betrayed the 90% of TTA-ers who are INTJ.

Then I looked at this...
Quote:Famous INTPs include Albert Einstein, Thomas Jefferson, Rene Descartes, Charles Darwin, Marie Curie, C.G. Jung, Socrates, and Abraham Lincoln.

That'll do.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
25-04-2015, 09:39 PM
I don't even like talking to my own family. The fuck why I'd want to talk to the likes of you.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post