Introverts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2015, 01:01 AM
RE: Introverts
(03-09-2015 12:13 AM)Nurse Wrote:  ...
I tried to get my coworker to dance with me at the pub the other night. Damn introverts. So difficult to get you out on the dance floor.

Hang on a minute!

Introvert does not = shy.

The extrovert needs to be among other people to energise e.g. will always gravitate towards crowds, busy restaurants etc.

The introvert recharges their batteries by being alone

I'm an extreme introvert and used to be a dancer (1980s, think oil and leather (scary, huh?)) and standing up in front of people (presenting) is what I do for a living. I'm a confident introvert.

My ex-wife and my last flat-mate are both shy extroverts... always wanting to go out to busy places; love to be seen; care about what other people think about them; but are nervous to approach people.

Your co-worker is exhibiting shyness not introvercinessosity.

Smile

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
06-09-2015, 03:07 PM
I am definitely introverted and have mild social anxiety. I hate presentations in any form, I would not be caught dead out on a dance floor. Unfortunately there are very few professions that don't require significant interactions. I am going to be a merchant mariner, so I will at least be away from civilization for extended periods. I will say introversion and shyness/social anxiety are different. Social anxiety is a bitch. My english teacher is always whining about how nobody participates because a lot of us are shy and/or introverted. I'm thinking "well I'm sorry if you don't approve of my personality but please shut up and leave me alone."

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
06-09-2015, 03:18 PM
(03-09-2015 01:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Your co-worker is exhibiting shyness not introvercinessosity.

Smile

Mooooom.....DLJ is making up words again Laughat

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
06-09-2015, 03:33 PM
[img][Image: Peopley_zpsx4nlhppx.jpg][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 9 users Like Anjele's post
06-09-2015, 10:41 PM
(25-04-2015 06:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  Actually, DLJ got me thinking about this with a remark he made someplace a while ago.

I had never considered myself an introvert at all. I am almost a social chameleon - I can get along with anyone and in any situation. I am well traveled, have held many public speeches and have always been popular.

Doesn't sound like an introvert? Well, come to find out, that is quite the case with many introverts. The thing is, rather than joining one of the parties I get invited to after a speech, I would go to my hotel room and order room service. I'd spend the evening reading or watching TV or fooling around on the computer or working. Being alone recharges me.

My idea of "getting out more" is walking my dogs in the woods. Love it! My idea of a perfect day is one where I don't have to interact with anyone. I don't know how to be bored. I don't know how to be lonely, either.

Here is a list of some people you wouldn't expect to be introverts as well as a description: http://www.typelogic.com/intj.html

Quote:Famous INTJs:
Susan B. Anthony
Lance Armstrong
Arthur Ashe, tennis champion
Augustus Caesar (Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus)
Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)
Dan Aykroyd (The Blues Brothers)
William J. Bennett, "drug czar"
William F. Buckley, Jr.
Raymond Burr (Perry Mason, Ironsides)
Chevy Chase (Cornelius Crane) (Fletch)
Katie Couric
Phil Donahue
Michael Dukakis, governor of Mass., 1988 U.S. Dem. pres. candidate
Richard Gere (Pretty Woman)
Rudy Giuliani, former New York City mayor
Greg Gumbel, television sportscaster
Hannibal, Carthaginian military leader
Emily Bronte, author of Wuthering Heights
Angela Lansbury (Murder, She Wrote)
Orel Leonard Hershiser, IV
Peter Jennings
Charles Everett Koop
Ivan Lendl
C. S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia)
Joan Lunden
Edwin Moses, U.S. olympian (hurdles)
Martina Navratilova
Michelle Obama
General Colin Powell, former US Secretary of State
Charles Rangel, US Representative, D-N.Y.
Pernell Roberts (Bonanza)
Donald Rumsfeld, former US Secretary of Defense
Hillary Clinton, US Secretary of State
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California
Josephine Tey (Elizabeth Mackintosh), mystery writer (Brat Farrar)

U.S. Presidents:
Chester A. Arthur
Calvin Coolidge
Thomas Jefferson
John F. Kennedy
James K. Polk
Woodrow Wilson

Any other introverts here?

I identify with this...
I enjoy the company of my friends, and going to parties, etc. But, I really adore my private time, too. Sometimes more so than mingling with people.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
07-09-2015, 05:47 PM
[Image: introvert_zpsldmkb3br.jpg]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
08-09-2015, 03:57 AM
I`m an extrovert. Usually I come up as ESTJ , sometimes ENTJ.

Even tho I enjoy interacting with people and speak my mind on every subject, love crowds and being the center of attention, I also enjoy solitude as well, and I am really introspective and tend to suppress my emotions and hide them from others.
Yeah, I`m fucked up.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
08-09-2015, 04:08 PM
(03-09-2015 01:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Your co-worker is exhibiting shyness not introvercinessosity.

Smile

Pretty sure that's "introvertinessocity". Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-09-2015, 10:12 AM
Read this whole thing, really like it. Just as I thought there is nothing really wrong with introversion.