Intuitive Counselor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2013, 12:45 AM
RE: Intuitive Counselor
As I understand it, Dr. Oz peddles all kinds of woo to his viewers, and this is basically determined by whoever is the highest bidder when it comes to sponsors and such. It's not a show giving sound medical advice; it's a show that makes money. And it gets its ratings by promising the viewers miracles. Good science doesn't get you ratings.

Speaking of woo, I was flipping through and there was a psychic on Dr Phil, getting pretty much all guesses wrong, asking more questions than she was answering, and again, people who want to believe in woo will believe in woo. And woo gets ratings, so woo will continue to be on TV. Sad but true.

Another show I fucking hate is "The Doctors." People think because they're doctors, they should trust every fucking thing they say.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2013, 08:24 PM
RE: Intuitive Counselor
Psychics in 2004 told the mother of one of the women just released fom captivity that her daughter was dead. Also every psychic consulted was wrong about there whereabouts - 100% failure! That's impressive!

http://www.livescience.com/29394-psychic...pid=525411

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply