Investing under Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2017, 04:37 PM
RE: Investing under Trump
(08-12-2016 01:36 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Sooner or later he will realise the impact his tweets have on the markets.

You think he doesn't know now? People act like he's a total idiot, a Forest Gump character who just happens to stumble into good fortune. I think that is far from the truth. In another thread someone talked about how uneducated he is. The man has an Ivy League education. He built a billion dollar business. Say what you want about his less-than-humble beginnings, but the fact is that he built that business and turned into a huge enterprise. Idiots don't do that. He is many things, many of them things you couldn't wipe off your shoe fast enough if you stepped in it, but stupid is not one of them.

As for investing, I have no idea what to do. I'm just sticking with what I've been doing. But, I'm first turning 48 in a few weeks so I've got a lot more time than you do, Dom. I've seen people say they are cashing out. Maybe consider cashing out some of your assets?

Regarding Ivanka, she could conceivably be the sole voice of reason in his echo chamber. She's our only hope for helping the environment, gay rights, women's rights, etc. I don't know she will come through on all that, but she is clearly our only hope.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
03-01-2017, 05:32 PM
(03-01-2017 04:37 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 01:36 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Sooner or later he will realise the impact his tweets have on the markets.

You think he doesn't know now? People act like he's a total idiot, a Forest Gump character who just happens to stumble into good fortune. I think that is far from the truth. In another thread someone talked about how uneducated he is. The man has an Ivy League education. He built a billion dollar business. Say what you want about his less-than-humble beginnings, but the fact is that he built that business and turned into a huge enterprise. Idiots don't do that. He is many things, many of them things you couldn't wipe off your shoe fast enough if you stepped in it, but stupid is not one of them.

No, he isn't stupid, he is sly.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-01-2017, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2017 09:30 PM by Bucky Ball.)
The Republican Budget Resolution introduced today (read it, you just won't believe your eyes), has the national debt rising dramatically, by trillions.
http://ktla.com/2017/01/03/senate-republ...esolution/
On March 16th the Continuing Budget Resolution expires, and Trump will have to propose an increase in the debt ceiling. And the Republican house of cards will start to crumble.

Happy St. Patty's Day, Mr. Dumspter. Your campaign lies will become obvious.

There IS no "alternative" to Obama Care,. The ACA is basically Mitt Romney's plan that Obama agreed to.
The Republicans have NOTHING as an alternative.
The "repeal" is not in the resolution introduced today. Repeal is basically a hoax.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-01-2017, 05:00 PM
Quote:Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 5h5 hours ago
Toyota Motor said will build a new plant in Baja, Mexico, to build Corolla cars for U.S. NO WAY! Build plant in U.S. or pay big border tax.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-01-2017, 05:15 PM
What IS probably going to happen, (at least partially), is that if either Italy or France elects their right wing version of Trump, (which is possible), then the Euro will disintegrate. For sure if France elects the woman who is pushing her version of Brexit, that's the end of the EU. Those few hours/days following that election will be THE best time, probably in our life-times, to make an easy fortune by selling the Euro short. Whooo-hoooo.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Trump triggers. Brilliant!

[Image: trigger_zpsdb9dj77i.png]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-01-2017, 08:45 PM
Highly recommend investing in something more stable if you're not feeling good about a stock. Keep in mind that if you feel that way, other investors are as well. S&P 500 perhaps. SPY, NOBL, etc. Check the VIX to see how investors are currently feeling, check 10 yr yield. Dividends, drip drip.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
05-01-2017, 09:32 PM
I'm fairly new to investing but I'm in it for the long term. I don't care about loud-mouthed schnooks and their Twittering; I'm going to be putting money in and leaving it there. (pops over to online brokerage and buys a few more index funds)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2017, 09:33 PM
(05-01-2017 09:32 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I'm fairly new to investing but I'm in it for the long term. I don't care about loud-mouthed schnooks and their Twittering; I'm going to be putting money in and leaving it there. (pops over to online brokerage and buys a few more index funds)

Everything I have these days is in things that pay dividends, and very long term holds. My largest chunk is S&P 500 funds since I can sleep at night and it's stable.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
06-01-2017, 12:30 AM
(05-01-2017 05:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  
Quote:Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 5h5 hours ago
Toyota Motor said will build a new plant in Baja, Mexico, to build Corolla cars for U.S. NO WAY! Build plant in U.S. or pay big border tax.

Buy reliable car at inflated prices thanks to Trump, or buy shit car? Decisions, decisions.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.