Invigorated and Alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Invigorated and Alive.
Now I know.

I know what thoughts zip, career, crash through the brain when facing the possibility of death.

When those nearby are screaming and shaking and praying...

I was thinking:

1. Fuck it! I'm going to miss watching The Hobbit!
There is no way to get a message to her so how will Lalida know why I didn't show up?

2. This is a science-based not a faith-based aeroplane. Don't they all look funny. I wonder if they are praying to the same god.

3. The last few bars of "Confessions"...

"We're just fuckin' monkeys in shoes"

Conclusion.... near death experiences can be kinda romantic.

Blink

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
08-12-2012, 06:57 PM
RE: Invigorated and Alive.
(08-12-2012 06:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Now I know.

I know what thoughts zip, career, crash through the brain when facing the possibility of death.

When those nearby are screaming and shaking and praying...

I was thinking:

1. Fuck it! I'm going to miss watching The Hobbit!
There is no way to get a message to her so how will Lalida know why I didn't show up?

2. This is a science-based not a faith-based aeroplane. Don't they all look funny. I wonder if they are praying to the same god.

3. The last few bars of "Confessions"...

"We're just fuckin' monkeys in shoes"

Conclusion.... near death experiences can be kinda romantic.

Blink
You really seem to have it all together.
Another perusal and I will start thinking too much.
I'll let sleeping dogs lie. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
08-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Glad you're okay.

I've only had a small handful of near death experiences. I've always been okay with it, not scared. Maybe a bit sad for the things that never got to happen and for not being able to say some goodbyes.

Doesn't the Hobbit come out next weekend?
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
08-12-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm not thinking a buncha fucking n00bs panicking over some turbulence qualifies... Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Glad you're safe® now on land.

Statistically speaking, you travel a lot by air?

On another note, you're now going to be lodged in my brain when I go see The Hobbit.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
09-12-2012, 12:58 AM
So tell us the juicy tale ? What happened ? Glad you're OK.
09-12-2012, 01:03 AM
First of all, what happened?

Secondly, why are there two of these threads?

[Image: giphy.gif]
09-12-2012, 01:17 AM
Duplicate deleted.

Now spill. What happened?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
09-12-2012, 09:12 AM
(09-12-2012 01:17 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Duplicate deleted.

Thanks, Stark. I'm having connection troubles. It looked like it didn't post at all and then I couldn't get to the site. Only just got connection back. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks, all, except HoC.

Stats for CTS... I fly almost every week. KL at the moment. Off to Bangkok (just to see The Hobbit) on Thursday. Back to Sing on Saturday.
Sorry to be lodged in your brain... please picture me as a beautiful elf (but my Welsh miner ancestors would probably have been happy as dwarfs (sic))... second thoughts, call me Radagast!

But HoC is right, it was turbulence. I've been closer to death in 4 x car spins but this time it was the panic around me that was different. No one has time to scream when a car flips.

Coming in to land at Subang Airport at night ... then there are flashes of white light and lots of them.

The plane sinks like I have never felt before... we are lifted out of our seats. If we hadn't just belted up there would have been a few injuries, I think.
Then the plane dips some more and lurches around.

Pilot, very calmly informs us that we have a storm directly over the airport and we are going to circle for a while.

Each orbit brings us back into the storm and the girl (most hot) behind me is pissing herself and praying. A guy behind is getting angry (at what or whom? Dunno... god, maybe). I am second row from the back.

I look back and see the hosty is also wide-eyed and taking deep breaths.

Elderly lady across the aisle gives me a wink and a smile and I smile back... I realise I am actually grinning.

15 minutes of this (the normal flight duration is only an hour) and I'm finding it more and more bewildering that people are praying more dramatically each time we go back into the storm.

Anyway, we land... a bit skiddy and wobbly with a stomach-lifting plunge just above the ground and there is collective un-holding of breath and nervous laughter.

Then when the doors open, we are not allowed out for 10 mins because the lightning is visibly zapping the ground around us.

I'm first out.

I'm leaping over puddles like Tom Bombadil in springtime... wishing I had chosen to wear less expensive shoes.

The ground crew are smiling too. I'm sure they are used to this kinda thing but I guess this one was closer than usual cos these are smiles of relief.

That's all.

The Hobbit comes out on the 13th in Sing and BKK. I'll see it on Friday, I think....

...god willing

Big Grin

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
09-12-2012, 09:38 AM
(09-12-2012 09:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 01:17 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Duplicate deleted.

Thanks, Stark. I'm having connection troubles. It looked like it didn't post at all and then I couldn't get to the site. Only just got connection back. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks, all, except HoC.

Stats for CTS... I fly almost every week. KL at the moment. Off to Bangkok (just to see The Hobbit) on Thursday. Back to Sing on Saturday.
Sorry to be lodged in your brain... please picture me as a beautiful elf (but my Welsh miner ancestors would probably have been happy as dwarfs (sic))... second thoughts, call me Radagast!

But HoC is right, it was turbulence. I've been closer to death in 4 x car spins but this time it was the panic around me that was different. No one has time to scream when a car flips.

Coming in to land at Subang Airport at night ... then there are flashes of white light and lots of them.

The plane sinks like I have never felt before... we are lifted out of our seats. If we hadn't just belted up there would have been a few injuries, I think.
Then the plane dips some more and lurches around.

Pilot, very calmly informs us that we have a storm directly over the airport and we are going to circle for a while.

Each orbit brings us back into the storm and the girl (most hot) behind me is pissing herself and praying. A guy behind is getting angry (at what or whom? Dunno... god, maybe). I am second row from the back.

I look back and see the hosty is also wide-eyed and taking deep breaths.

Elderly lady across the aisle gives me a wink and a smile and I smile back... I realise I am actually grinning.

15 minutes of this (the normal flight duration is only an hour) and I'm finding it more and more bewildering that people are praying more dramatically each time we go back into the storm.

Anyway, we land... a bit skiddy and wobbly with a stomach-lifting plunge just above the ground and there is collective un-holding of breath and nervous laughter.

Then when the doors open, we are not allowed out for 10 mins because the lightning is visibly zapping the ground around us.

I'm first out.

I'm leaping over puddles like Tom Bombadil in springtime... wishing I had chosen to wear less expensive shoes.

The ground crew are smiling too. I'm sure they are used to this kinda thing but I guess this one was closer than usual cos these are smiles of relief.

That's all.

The Hobbit comes out on the 13th in Sing and BKK. I'll see it on Friday, I think....

...god willing

Big Grin
Cool story, but really, pick a Middle Earth character (though Radagast is not technically from Middle Earth, but whatever...) and stick with it.

Glad you're okay.

PS. And another thing - we know you are filthy rich. Enough with the expensive shoes talk and generally rubbing it in our faces. Sleepy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post