Invitation postcards from churches

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Invitation postcards from churches
These things annoy the hell out of me. I live in an apartment, and I got one with my apartment number on it. I wrote them a snarky email. Others are just to 'recipient.'
Am I overreacting?
I got another one the other day, and I'm thinking of sending another email. It makes me feel better.
What do you think?
Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2015, 10:17 PM
RE: Invitation postcards from churches
Tell them that you worship the Lithuanian forest goddess, Medeina, and she's very angry at them for wasting paper.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 11 users Like cactus's post
06-09-2015, 10:19 PM
(06-09-2015 10:17 PM)cactus Wrote:  Tell them that you worship the Lithuanian forest goddess, Medeina, and she's very angry at them for wasting paper.

^ This ^ Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-09-2015, 10:20 PM
When I first read this thread title, I read it as Invasion postcards from churches.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
06-09-2015, 10:21 PM
(06-09-2015 10:10 PM)socken Wrote:  I'm thinking of sending another email. It makes me feel better.
What do you think?
Thanks.

Do what makes you happy. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-09-2015, 07:29 AM
(06-09-2015 10:20 PM)Banjo Wrote:  When I first read this thread title, I read it as Invasion postcards from churches.

Same thing.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
07-09-2015, 12:06 PM
Show up at their event! Be sure to wear attire that clearly identifies your atheism and come prepared with some fun conversation starters. Perhaps some handouts or other literature would be appropriate. Then remind them that they invited you. Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
07-09-2015, 12:26 PM
(07-09-2015 12:06 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Show up at their event! Be sure to wear attire that clearly identifies your atheism and come prepared with some fun conversation starters. Perhaps some handouts or other literature would be appropriate. Then remind them that they invited you. Big Grin
Great idea. Unfortunately, I'm not that gutsy, nor do I have the emotional energy, and I hate the phoniness of the whole business. I'll write them an email and ask them why they have to use lures like a bouncy castle (using the kids to get to the parents) and free food to lure people, and why does god need these things anyway?. It's manipulation.
07-09-2015, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2015 01:04 PM by cactus.)
Yeah, if the message is so great, it should stand on its own merits, and shouldn't require peer pressure, guilt tripping, threats of torture or ostracization, mindless repetitive rituals, and weekly brain-reconditioning by an authority figure in order for it to make sense to you.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
10-09-2015, 11:02 PM
(07-09-2015 12:26 PM)socken Wrote:  Great idea. Unfortunately, I'm not that gutsy, nor do I have the emotional energy, and I hate the phoniness of the whole business. I'll write them an email and ask them why they have to use lures like a bouncy castle (using the kids to get to the parents) and free food to lure people, and why does god need these things anyway?. It's manipulation.

Church's are communities that do things together. The other day I was out on a drive and went past some church, they had booths and bouncy castles. I thought to myself. How nice it is all those people and their families can have a good time together. Atheists should try it some time.

As for your post card.....I use those things as dust pans. I can never find a dust pan when I need one.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post