Invitation postcards from churches

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2015, 11:34 PM
RE: Invitation postcards from churches
(10-09-2015 11:02 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 12:26 PM)socken Wrote:  Great idea. Unfortunately, I'm not that gutsy, nor do I have the emotional energy, and I hate the phoniness of the whole business. I'll write them an email and ask them why they have to use lures like a bouncy castle (using the kids to get to the parents) and free food to lure people, and why does god need these things anyway?. It's manipulation.

Church's are communities that do things together. The other day I was out on a drive and went past some church, they had booths and bouncy castles. I thought to myself. How nice it is all those people and their families can have a good time together. Atheists should try it some time.

As for your post card.....I use those things as dust pans. I can never find a dust pan when I need one.

Atheists have loads of fun. Visit Bondi beach one day. Most Aussies are non believers.

[Image: skynews.img.1200.745.jpeg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
11-09-2015, 01:31 AM
(10-09-2015 11:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Atheists have loads of fun. Visit Bondi beach one day. Most Aussies are non believers.

Interesting picture. See how those sun bathers arrange themselves into crude rows? I suspect no one is telling them to do that. Emergent complex behavior.
11-09-2015, 01:38 AM
It's better to be there. I used to live there, at Bondi beach. 5 minute drive into the city. Great locality. Sadly it became too trendy. Lots of topless bathing there was well. Although some of the men have bigger (and hairier) breasts than the ladies. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
11-09-2015, 01:46 AM
(11-09-2015 01:31 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 11:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Atheists have loads of fun. Visit Bondi beach one day. Most Aussies are non believers.

Interesting picture. See how those sun bathers arrange themselves into crude rows? I suspect no one is telling them to do that. Emergent complex behavior.

Not hard to see why - people want to walk along the beach. It's not quite the same as emergent behaviour seen e.g. in the game of life. AFAIK emergent refers to surprising behaviour which one could not predict from the rules of the system when all the rules are known (or at least well understood).

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-09-2015, 05:16 PM
(07-09-2015 12:26 PM)socken Wrote:  Great idea. Unfortunately, I'm not that gutsy, nor do I have the emotional energy, and I hate the phoniness of the whole business. I'll write them an email and ask them why they have to use lures like a bouncy castle (using the kids to get to the parents) and free food to lure people, and why does god need these things anyway?. It's manipulation.

Church's are communities that do things together. The other day I was out on a drive and went past some church, they had booths and bouncy castles. I thought to myself. How nice it is all those people and their families can have a good time together. Atheists should try it some time.

As for your post card.....I use those things as dust pans. I can never find a dust pan when I need one.

I see your point. But this invitation is for an obvious recruitment open house. As for their having a nice time together, I see that as their maintaining their bubble of delusion and strengthening it thereby.
13-09-2015, 05:37 PM
(10-09-2015 11:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  [Image: skynews.img.1200.745.jpeg]

That doesn't look fun to me. When I'm at the beach, I want to be at least 100 feet away from the nearest beachgoer.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
14-09-2015, 10:06 AM
(13-09-2015 05:37 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 11:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

That doesn't look fun to me. When I'm at the beach, I want to be at least 100 feet away from the nearest beachgoer.

I usually say the same thing, unless it's one of Banjo's beaches...
(11-09-2015 01:38 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Lots of topless bathing there was well.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
14-09-2015, 12:57 PM
(10-09-2015 11:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 11:02 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Church's are communities that do things together. The other day I was out on a drive and went past some church, they had booths and bouncy castles. I thought to myself. How nice it is all those people and their families can have a good time together. Atheists should try it some time.

Atheists have loads of fun. Visit Bondi beach one day. Most Aussies are non believers.

I stopped going to beaches, they are the worlds toilet...

"“There’s about 100 times more bacteria in the sand per the same amount of volume as there was in the water,” said Dr. Marc Frischer from the Skidaway Institute of Oceanography.

The study out of the University of Hawaii at Manoa explains much of the bacteria they found indicates fecal contamination – like E. coli.

In addition to higher quantities, researchers found it lasts longer outside of the water, partially because underneath the sand they’re protected from the sun."

yummy

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/...-sand.html

http://www.shape.com/lifestyle/mind-and-...ted-e-coli

http://wsav.com/2015/07/23/new-study-hig...each-sand/

Laugh out load

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
16-09-2015, 10:58 AM

Your brain is reminiscent of a bouncy castle, it's where immaturity goes to play. 108

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user