Invitation to Debate and Discuss with Diddo97
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2014, 01:08 AM
Invitation to Debate and Discuss with Diddo97
I would like to issue a formal invitation to debate and discuss with Diddo97.

I would like to try and conduct a respectful conversation that focuses on substance rather than vitriol.

I don't have any rules, so how things progress is up to us.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Phoenix's post
31-08-2014, 09:09 AM
RE: Invitation to Debate and Discuss with Diddo97
Ok. Does absolute truth exist?

Truth seeker.
31-08-2014, 10:15 AM
I don't know. What is absolute truth? What does that mean?

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 2 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
31-08-2014, 11:12 AM
(31-08-2014 10:15 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  I don't know. What is absolute truth? What does that mean?

You don't know what truth is? What am I saying? Of course you don't! You're an atheist. Hobo

Truth seeker.
01-09-2014, 12:25 AM
I think I understand how the word "truth" is normally defined, but I don't understand what you mean when you say "absolute truth". If something is true, what additional emphasis is necessary? It is already true.

Could you define "absolute truth" for me?

-Karl Marx
[+] 5 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
01-09-2014, 01:26 PM
(01-09-2014 12:25 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  I think I understand how the word "truth" is normally defined, but I don't understand what you mean when you say "absolute truth". If something is true, what additional emphasis is necessary? It is already true.

Could you define "absolute truth" for me?

Ok then... Is it possible that you could be wrong about everything you think you know?

Truth seeker.
01-09-2014, 11:10 PM
(01-09-2014 01:26 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Ok then... Is it possible that you could be wrong about everything you think you know?

It is always a possibility that I might be wrong about anything.

-Karl Marx
01-09-2014, 11:49 PM
Are we moving in a new direction or is this part of defining "absolute truth"?

-Karl Marx
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Phoenix's post
02-09-2014, 10:42 AM
(01-09-2014 11:10 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 01:26 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Ok then... Is it possible that you could be wrong about everything you think you know?

It is always a possibility that I might be wrong about anything.

Could you be wrong about that?

Truth seeker.
02-09-2014, 11:36 AM
(02-09-2014 10:42 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Could you be wrong about that?

I am happy to answer your questions. I also would like to know if you are still planning on defining absolute truth, or if you have decided to move on to something completely different. I am happy to do so with you, but I want to be clear about it first.

I am not really sure if your question is deep or just absurd. I suppose that saying that I could be wrong about anything includes that statement itself. I suppose one could continue in this vein infinitely, in the same way children sometimes ask "why" over and over until their parent is out of answers.

May I ask where you are going with this? You have my curiosity peaked.

-Karl Marx
Thread Closed