[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
24-02-2012, 12:30 PM
RE: Invoking the miricle by praying. ~~ REALLY WORKS ~~
(24-02-2012 11:38 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-02-2012 11:29 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(23-02-2012 09:05 PM)kakureru Wrote:  **People must hear you pray and you must sell it.

Yes! The important part is to be seen and heard, so that you may have your reward! Big Grin

So, what? You went and prayed loudly that god needed to help you find the money to pay your mortgage so you wouldn't end up on the street and people heard you and gave you money?

I agree... In a way, it's like taking advantage of the gullible. The advice sounds like "be a poe, these idiots will just throw money at you if you 'sell' it well enough".. Why stop there?

Open your own church.
Line the pews.*
Reap the rewards.**

* Church must contain religious people
** no reaping from those under 18

.. ps, please don't do this. Either way, sounds just as moral as the first advice given though (IMO). Worse, but along the same lines.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
24-02-2012, 01:05 PM
(24-02-2012 12:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  [Image: sheep.gif]

I love this gif... makes me chuckle every time, no matter how it's used. Big Grin
24-02-2012, 02:10 PM
I prayed that God would remove the trolls from our forum, but sadly it hasn't been effective.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2012, 02:29 PM
(24-02-2012 02:10 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  I prayed that God would remove the trolls from our forum, but sadly it hasn't been effective.

*poof*

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-02-2012, 02:41 PM
(24-02-2012 02:10 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  I prayed that God would remove the trolls from our forum, but sadly it hasn't been effective.

God is just testing us.
24-02-2012, 04:17 PM
my whole point is to show how prayer ACTUALLY works...
24-02-2012, 04:38 PM
RE: Invoking the miracle by praying. ~~ REALLY WORKS ~~
(23-02-2012 09:05 PM)kakureru Wrote:  I have found out that miracles do happen and properly praying will yield not only positive results but get you exactly what you need (want)!

Sleepy step 1: Go to a *church or prayer group.

Angel step 2: Pray** (prey)

Cool step 3: Reap results.

*Church must contain religious people.

**People must hear you pray and you must sell it.

Yes this really works.

I figure I would start interaction in this forum with a bang..

OH GOD PLEASE LET THESE PEOPLE LIKE ME. I AM BUT A HUMBLE SOUL AND I HAVE WORKED SO HARD IN MY LIFE IN SERVICE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Edit: Typo in title...
If even I see it, It must be really annoying
I'm terrible at interpreting whether someone is being sarcastic. Is there a way that people can start using Sarc Mark or some other indicator to let the reader know in advance? I read through 270 responses, and I still don't know.Huh
24-02-2012, 04:39 PM
(24-02-2012 04:17 PM)kakureru Wrote:  my whole point is to show how prayer ACTUALLY works...

I for one never said it didn't. There are many places it "actually" works, but most it requires other people unless it's to help in a meditation type way. I understand also that some people have a problem with asking for help and prayer sometimes is a way for them to "ask for help" without hurting their pride or whatever reason they aren't asking for help. I've been pretty bad off before, and pride can harm your chances of getting help. Currently when I need help, it's more pure stubbornness then pride, because I don't really care if people know I need help, but "I can solve it, I just know it" which isn't entirely incorrect in most of the problems, but most of the time it's a huge drain that would be avoided if I just get my head out of my ass. Long story, short: yeah, humanity works, prayer is just a medium for humanity to work on.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
24-02-2012, 05:15 PM
(24-02-2012 04:39 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  
(24-02-2012 04:17 PM)kakureru Wrote:  my whole point is to show how prayer ACTUALLY works...

I for one never said it didn't. There are many places it "actually" works, but most it requires other people unless it's to help in a meditation type way. I understand also that some people have a problem with asking for help and prayer sometimes is a way for them to "ask for help" without hurting their pride or whatever reason they aren't asking for help. I've been pretty bad off before, and pride can harm your chances of getting help. Currently when I need help, it's more pure stubbornness then pride, because I don't really care if people know I need help, but "I can solve it, I just know it" which isn't entirely incorrect in most of the problems, but most of the time it's a huge drain that would be avoided if I just get my head out of my ass. Long story, short: yeah, humanity works, prayer is just a medium for humanity to work on.

I think that's what the OP was getting at; am I wrong?