Iowa Governor Accused of Trying to Make Christianity the State Religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2016, 06:09 AM
RE: Iowa Governor Accused of Trying to Make Christianity the State Religion
(02-06-2016 06:36 PM)julep Wrote:  Censored Censored Censored

I sincerely hope that no citizens participate.

They should have groups read the Silmarillion. It's much better writing and a better story.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
03-06-2016, 02:03 PM
RE: Iowa Governor Accused of Trying to Make Christianity the State Religion
(02-06-2016 08:07 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 06:45 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Me too. If folks want to hold rallies in support of their faith, I'm fine with it. It's the part where they do it on government property, at the behest of a government official, that is unreasonable (at least to me).

What pisses me off most is that it's always atheists, like the FRFF, who has to stand up to the Christian fundamentalists in this country.

Reasonable theists have exactly as much reason to be outraged (and terrified) by the erosion of the Wall of Separation as anyone else. I wish more of them were like you, and actually thought about the ramifications, Shai Hulud.
Thanks for finding me reasonable. And beyond just Establishment Clause issues, there's the No True Scotsman fallacy when these types rear their heads; whose branch of Christianity do they want? How many other Christians suddenly aren't Christians? Even from a non-secular standpoint, it would be foolish and prone to fall into infighting. Some folks just don't learn from what happens every time a group mixes religion and government!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post