Iran gives death sentence for blasphemy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Iran gives death sentence for blasphemy.
http://www.iranhumanrights.org/2014/09/d...-facebook/

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2014, 03:08 PM
RE: Iran gives death sentence for blasphemy.
I'm only surprised in a theocracy that this wasn't already the case...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
17-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Let's be honest, guys; did anybody ever expect anything different?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-09-2014, 04:26 PM
(17-09-2014 04:19 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Let's be honest, guys; did anybody ever expect anything different?

Exactly my point.

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
17-09-2014, 04:43 PM
They're not gonna follow through. These types of charges never seem to, nowadays. They have to be lynchings for there to not be enough knowledge for an outcry.
17-09-2014, 04:50 PM
One thing I found disturbing was how the author seemed to be defending Islam by explaining that he should have been eligible for a loophole that would have let him off with only a beating.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
18-09-2014, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2014 09:06 AM by Chas.)
Any country that has laws specifying death for blasphemy is not yet civilised. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
18-09-2014, 09:19 AM
(18-09-2014 09:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  Any country that has laws specifying death for blasphemy is not yet civilized. Drinking Beverage

YES!!!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-09-2014, 09:33 AM
(18-09-2014 09:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  Any country that has laws for blasphemy is not yet civilised. Drinking Beverage

*Fixt*

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-09-2014, 09:39 AM
(18-09-2014 09:33 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 09:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  Any country that has laws for blasphemy is not yet civilised. Drinking Beverage

*Fixt*

I was going to say that, but even the Commonwealth of Massachusetts still has a blasphemy law on the books. Weeping

Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 272, Section 36:
Whoever wilfully blasphemes the holy name of God by denying, cursing or contumeliously reproaching God, his creation, government or final judging of the world, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching or exposing to contempt and ridicule, the holy word of God contained in the holy scriptures shall be punished by imprisonment in jail for not more than one year or by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars, and may also be bound to good behavior.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]