Iranian President tells Israel it should sign non-nuclear treaty.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Iranian President tells Israel it should sign non-nuclear treaty.
http://rt.com/news/rouhani-israel-nuclea...ament-396/

What do you guys think? Should Israel which acts more aggressively than North Korea to it's neighbors have nuclear weapons?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2013, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2013 04:14 PM by ClydeLee.)
RE: Iranian President tells Israel it should sign non-nuclear treaty.
Yes, along with Iran...

but to the side point you so kindly put in... as if that meant something, yes North Korea always known as the nation aggressive toward it's neighbors, emphasis on the multiple of the term used here. I would love to see that scenario play out for their benefit. You know what Russia and China, we think you ought to be aware of our arsenal. Why do your analogies suck so much? Yes they've threatened with missile power vs the Southies, but to no aggressive edge. The point being, most countries in this world ARE more aggressive than North Korea to it's neighbor(s) but you have to put your loving brand of presumptuous thought into every thread.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-09-2013, 04:26 PM
(27-09-2013 04:09 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Yes, along with Iran...

but to the side point you so kindly put in... as if that meant something, yes North Korea always known as the nation aggressive toward it's neighbors, emphasis on the multiple of the term used here. I would love to see that scenario play out for their benefit. You know what Russia and China, we think you ought to be aware of our arsenal. Why do your analogies suck so much? Yes they've threatened with missile power vs the Southies, but to no aggressive edge. The point being, most countries in this world ARE more aggressive than North Korea to it's neighbor(s) but you have to put your loving brand of presumptuous thought into every thread.

Iran is a member of and has already signed the treaty on non-nuclear proliferation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_on_t...ar_Weapons

India, Pakistan and Israel have not signed this treaty.

The treaty recognizes nuclear energy as a right for nations to have. Since Iran is a member of the group that has signed the non-proliferation treaty they like any other signed nation are subject to investigations by the IAEA.

Thats what your mainstream propaganda forgets to tell you, THAT IRAN HAS ALREADY SIGNED A NON-NUCLEAR PROLIFERATION TREATY, AND IS DEVELOPING NUCLEAR ENERGY FOR PEACEFUL PURPOSES.
27-09-2013, 04:32 PM
How soon will "twenty questions" be ending ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-09-2013, 07:58 AM
(27-09-2013 04:26 PM)I and I Wrote:  India, Pakistan and Israel have not signed this treaty.

Well duh. That's 'cause they already got nukes. While there have been examples of countries voluntarily giving up nukes and then signing the NPT (South Africa, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine), none of those 3 are gonna give them up.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
29-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Israel should sign the nuclear NPT treaty. They should use that as a bargaining chip for final resolution of peace status with it's neighbors. Short of that kind of peace deal, though, the program the Israelis have is a strong deterrent against a wider war. a '67 style gang-up attack is not likely so long as potential participants in that kind of warfare understand they risk a nuclear attack if Israel's existence were threatened.
29-09-2013, 07:26 PM
(29-09-2013 12:21 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Israel should sign the nuclear NPT treaty. They should use that as a bargaining chip for final resolution of peace status with it's neighbors. Short of that kind of peace deal, though, the program the Israelis have is a strong deterrent against a wider war. a '67 style gang-up attack is not likely so long as potential participants in that kind of warfare understand they risk a nuclear attack if Israel's existence were threatened.

So if a country that is threatened by the west all the time you would understand right?

And when was Israel under threat if attack from its neighbors, A real attack, not random home made rockets from the open air prison.
29-09-2013, 09:34 PM
No one should have nukes. That's an easy question. The tricky bit is getting everyone to get rid of theirs.

29-09-2013, 09:52 PM
I noted today that Netanyahu warned against the Iranian peace initiative. The last thing that fucker wants to see is peace break out.
29-09-2013, 10:25 PM
(29-09-2013 07:26 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(29-09-2013 12:21 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Israel should sign the nuclear NPT treaty. They should use that as a bargaining chip for final resolution of peace status with it's neighbors. Short of that kind of peace deal, though, the program the Israelis have is a strong deterrent against a wider war. a '67 style gang-up attack is not likely so long as potential participants in that kind of warfare understand they risk a nuclear attack if Israel's existence were threatened.

So if a country that is threatened by the west all the time you would understand right?

And when was Israel under threat if attack from its neighbors, A real attack, not random home made rockets from the open air prison.

I do understand. That's the main reason Iran wants nukes. And that's the reason the best way to resolve the Iranian nuke program is through diplomacy. I don't know if you've noticed, but Obama has been trying for a while now. It seems that finally both countries have leadership that's at least willing to try it out, though it's not a sure thing that the Ayatollah is fully on board.

I mentioned the '67 war for a reason. That, and the war in '73 showed that twice Israel could be attacked without warning. Egypt's peace with Israel is only rented through annual military aid by the US. That arrangement seems to be holding, albeit tenuously with the recent government turmoil. The Jordon peace accord seems to be pretty stable. The remaining problem countries for Israel are Syria and Iran, and Iran through it's Hezbollah proxy showed in 2006 that it was willing to wage war by proxy on Israel. A rapprochement with Iran would do a lot for peace and stability in the Middle East.