Irish Bishops on the Meaning of Marriage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2014, 12:54 AM
RE: Irish Bishops on the Meaning of Marriage
I thought Irish Bishops could only comment on the meanings of drinking and fighting.

~incrédulité~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes sansdieux's post
18-12-2014, 07:38 AM
hi
very few other races in Ireland. we had an influx of eastern europeans, who mainly look like Irish anyway. Irish people dont really consider themselves racist because they dont meet many other races in Ireland, however in my experience they are often racist.

Dont get me wrong with the use of maybe. a group of celibate men who consider they have a hotline to a god are not the people to give advice.

Ireland is a progressing nation. This referendum will be a test to see where we now are.

(04-12-2014 06:14 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 04:49 PM)Eugryan Wrote:  ...
Maybe a group of celibate men are not the best to give advice on this topic.

Only maybe?!? Big Grin

The linked brochure intrigues me from a marketing perspective.

Are there no black people in Ireland? Consider

And Asian families are too poor to buy furniture? Consider

It will be interesting to see the result of the referendum and how many are on either side of the progressive / conservative divide.

Thanks for info.
18-12-2014, 07:40 AM
i read on something recently that having sex with your spouse brought you closer to god. three ways with god are the best. maybe the priest being gods representative is telling you how best to have a three way with god....

(05-12-2014 02:22 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I never understood that growing up. Ask the priest for marriage advice and counseling. By that logic, I am open for advice regarding lesbian Asian midgets.
18-12-2014, 07:44 AM
well said. will be using this.

(05-12-2014 07:28 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I keep this handy for every time some catholic fuckhole mouths off about this stuff.

http://tinypic.com/m/igc0hw/4
18-12-2014, 08:23 AM
Re: RE: Irish Bishops on the Meaning of Marriage
(07-12-2014 12:54 AM)sansdieux Wrote:  I thought Irish Bishops could only comment on the meanings of drinking and fighting.
As the great-grandson of a Cork Irishman and a former Catholic, I find that offensive.

As soon as I'm done with my third beer, I'm going over there to punch you!

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
18-12-2014, 10:55 AM
(18-12-2014 07:44 AM)Eugryan Wrote:  well said. will be using this.

(05-12-2014 07:28 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I keep this handy for every time some catholic fuckhole mouths off about this stuff.

http://tinypic.com/m/igc0hw/4

Please do.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
18-12-2014, 12:20 PM
(04-12-2014 05:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is not one study that shows children are better off in opposite sex marriages than same-sex marriages. What there are however, are studies that show children are better off in two-parent households, instead of single parent households, which is the practical alternative. In the REAL world, the alternative is not an opposite sex home. It's a SINGLE parent home, (and the usual resultant poverty that puts the children in), or a loveless marriage with parents who hate their situation. In mammals sex has many purposes. Old men in purple dresses who know nothing about the subject can STFU.
I had a discussion with a Catholic in a Catholic forum. He was pointing out that kids in a two father family are more likely to be abused therefore gay couples shouldn't be allowed to raise children.
So I did some research, what it comes down to is that men are more aggressive than women and obviously two men increases the chances.

So, I suggested that without any men a.k.a. lesbian couples that in comparison a hetro based family would be more likely to be abusive to the children hence hetro couples shouldn't be allowed to raise children.

For some reason he didn't agree with me, somehow his logic didn't apply anymore.