Irish Waking The Fuck Up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Irish Waking The Fuck Up
"Catholicism was once so all-pervading in Irish life that it seemed a definition of Irishness: but now, according to a survey by the pollsters Red C, the Irish are losing their faith quicker than most: seven years ago, 69% of Irish people described themselves as "religious": this has now fallen more than 20 points to 47%."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/...ic-ireland
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2012, 01:47 AM
RE: Irish Waking The Fuck Up
It makes me happy to see this kind of news all over the place. You see it in a lot of places now. Even in the USA you see news about it becoming less religious in a lot of places.
11-08-2012, 03:22 AM
Awesome, maybe in another seven years less than 27% well believe and then only 7% ? It's good to hear(read?), brings a special light to me day! Big Grin

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
11-08-2012, 03:24 AM
Irish Waking The Fuck Up
At long last! I'm sick of dealing with it everyday.
11-08-2012, 09:02 AM
I showed my son this video the other day as we were talking about the rapture and how nice the world would be if all the fricken christians would just get carried away one day.

I forgot that his girlfriend goes to church. I think we might have laughed a little too loudly.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
11-08-2012, 01:06 PM
What goes up must come down! Wink

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
11-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Many years ago, (like 25) I'd read a statistic that the fastest rising religious participation in Ireland had become Buddhism, while Catholicism was just as quickly being dumped. It's possible the transition from one religion to another might be a factor in polling. Still, it's encouraging to know that people are taking charge of the progress of their culture, and not leaving it completely up to the church. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein