Ironic Fundie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2013, 02:13 PM
RE: Ironic Fundie
(23-10-2013 02:00 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I dunno why this particular persons personal views on evolution matters at all. I proud TTA tradition...

He says "Oh my God" in that... that's quite ironic...

Bechased

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2013, 02:20 PM
(23-10-2013 11:29 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(23-10-2013 11:02 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I can debate anthropology, biology, evolution, cosmology, geology, history, archaeology, physics, to show that they indicate the Bible is accurate. Sorry. I think you're just taking your friend not at face value as an honest debater.

I haven't seen you have much success here when you attempt to pair science while the bible. Your attempt, for example, to claim that the world was relatively flat and pitted, like an orange, and thus capable of being flooded was embarrassingly debunked. You've also shown incredible misunderstanding of scientific topics, which was pointed out by those who actually do understand them (their comments ignored by you, of course). You have a single, inflexible conclusion around which you continue to try and build evidence.

I have yet to see a theist admit a dissonance between the bible and real world observations; her quote is incredibly ironic.

It wasn't debunked. I gave evidence for indications of a possible rapid rise of the Himalayan mountain range and the rapid erosion of the Grand Canyon for two possible examples that went wholly ignored here.

And you cannot "debunk" an Earth that had different elevations recently since you're making uniformitarian assumptions, again.

And I haven't shown misunderstanding of scientific topics. I've pointed out errors and assumptions within and posed questions. There are MANY threads here at the non Thinking Atheizt where the last post is mine with unanswered questions.

You are getting Cratheier in your assumptions and now you're making general statements without basis in fact. Either debate me on a piece of evidence or stop responding.
23-10-2013, 02:42 PM
(23-10-2013 02:20 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  It wasn't debunked. I gave evidence for indications of a possible rapid rise of the Himalayan mountain range and the rapid erosion of the Grand Canyon for two possible examples that went wholly ignored here.

And you cannot "debunk" an Earth that had different elevations recently since you're making uniformitarian assumptions, again.

And I haven't shown misunderstanding of scientific topics. I've pointed out errors and assumptions within and posed questions. There are MANY threads here at the non Thinking Atheizt where the last post is mine with unanswered questions.

You are getting Cratheier in your assumptions and now you're making general statements without basis in fact. Either debate me on a piece of evidence or stop responding.

No, I will not stop. These are not Christian forums Tongue

Most of your unanswered questions are attempts to redirect the topic, or are completely irrelevant to the topic. For example, I have no desire to answer the question "Can I prove I exist?" Go ahead, retreat behind an abstract concept and throw up smokescreen after smokescreen and call it victory. You'll be celebrating alone.

You have shown massive misunderstanding of scientific topics. Ignoring your errors seems to be a point of pride with you. Your 'evidence' was incorrect, was pointed out as incorrect, and yet you continued on with it. It was ignored because it was bad evidence, bad science. Some of your stuff actually came from AIG, which is perhaps one of the worst sources of scientific information on the internet. You are trying to protect your conclusions, but the evidence just doesn't fit.

You don't read links you are given.
You ignore comments when you are debunked.
You attempt shift focus when you're losing ground.

Debate you on a piece of evidence? Why? You've been proven wrong over and over and over again, and you simply ignore it. What's the point of debating someone who does that? What's the goal? There is no back and forth exchange of information here. You sling bad science all over the walls, and before it's even been cleaned up, your off in another thread creating an even bigger mess. You have yet to concede, from genocide, to prophecies, to geology, to evolution, that you are incorrect on any topic. At this point, the only goal is to continue pointing out your assertions and bad science so that the forum lurkers can see, first hand, what sort of dissonance is required to maintain a theistic viewpoint, and challenge their own beliefs.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post