Ironic Situations...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2013, 01:49 PM
RE: Ironic Situations...
Lets talk.
I see tons of stuff on this site, but what is particular broke your faith in Christ?

My guess is I am more like you than your religious co-worker. Some of that stuff he believes just about did my faith in.

(17-04-2013 10:51 AM)aramus Wrote:  Just wondering if anyone wants to share an "ironic situation" they know of OR have been in...

Here's mine (so you know where I'm going).

I am a closet atheist who has not come out to anyone except this forum (just figured out my beliefs a month ago...)

== ME == (the atheist)
I go to church with my family every Sunday. I'm on two committee's at church (Evangelism/Communication + Nominating Committee for Deacons/Elders). I maintain the church website. 80% of the people I know in town are through my church.

== MY CO-WORKER == (the religious guy)
Went through divorce 7 years ago and "cannot remarry because the bible says so..."
Content to die a hermit (he is only 35).
Believes that dinosaur bones were "planted by scientist to fool the public into believing the earth is older than 6,000 yrs"
Thinks Carbon dating is a falsehood.
Does not attend church.
Does not do anything for any religious organization.

I find it ironic that I go to church and think it's a bunch of crap.
He does not go to church and believe everything in the bible...

And he is a smart guy... weird.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2013, 02:02 PM
I thinks it's ironic when the guy who just killed the abortion doctor is a "pro-life" christian Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
17-04-2013, 02:16 PM
The most ironic situation I've been in was when I was talking to this Christian girl, who was explaining to me how "Christianity is a peaceful religion, and God loves everyone, just the way they are" - she explained me this as she was being arrested for violent behaviour at an demonstration against gay marriage. Also she was wearing a shirt that said "fags burns in hell".
[+] 2 users Like MuffinPuffin's post
17-04-2013, 02:16 PM
To know what somebody else was thinking is not the same as agreeing with it. Try a little harder.
17-04-2013, 02:20 PM
(17-04-2013 02:02 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I thinks it's ironic when the guy who just killed the abortion doctor is a "pro-life" christian Undecided

On this topic - It's ironic how most "pro-life" people doesn't give a shit about you after you are born.

I think George Carlin said it best.

[+] 1 user Likes MuffinPuffin's post
17-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Isn't America wonderful, where you can be as wrong as George Carlin and still get a hearing.

(17-04-2013 02:20 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 02:02 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I thinks it's ironic when the guy who just killed the abortion doctor is a "pro-life" christian Undecided

On this topic - It's ironic how most "pro-life" people doesn't give a shit about you after you are born.

17-04-2013, 02:42 PM
(17-04-2013 02:27 PM)FVoltmer Wrote:  Isn't America wonderful, where you can be as wrong as George Carlin and still get a hearing.

(17-04-2013 02:20 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  On this topic - It's ironic how most "pro-life" people doesn't give a shit about you after you are born.

I think you are the best qualified to answer that, considering the shit you are on about.
17-04-2013, 02:57 PM
I have noticed you guys get pretty grumpy about free speech when you don't agree with what is being said. Lighten up all wise one.

(17-04-2013 02:42 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 02:27 PM)FVoltmer Wrote:  Isn't America wonderful, where you can be as wrong as George Carlin and still get a hearing.

I think you are the best qualified to answer that, considering the shit you are on about.
17-04-2013, 03:02 PM
(17-04-2013 02:57 PM)FVoltmer Wrote:  I have noticed you guys get pretty grumpy about free speech when you don't agree with what is being said. Lighten up all wise one.

(17-04-2013 02:42 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  I think you are the best qualified to answer that, considering the shit you are on about.

We're not grumpy about free speech, we're grumpy about the same old irrational theism.

What brand are you selling? May as well get it on the table so we can inspect it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-04-2013, 03:10 PM
(17-04-2013 02:57 PM)FVoltmer Wrote:  I have noticed you guys get pretty grumpy about free speech when you don't agree with what is being said. Lighten up all wise one.

(17-04-2013 02:42 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  I think you are the best qualified to answer that, considering the shit you are on about.

[Image: url.jpeg]

Besides, I'm not grumpy about free speech, I'm grumpy about the idiots using it to spout whatever shit they feel like without any reasoning behind it.
[+] 1 user Likes MuffinPuffin's post