Ironically

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2011, 01:27 PM

Ironically
Here's some irony for you. One of my favorite songs is called Christmas Steps.

Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2011, 02:04 PM
RE: Ironically
(12-05-2011 01:27 PM)bird Wrote:  Here's some irony for you. One of my favorite songs is called Christmas Steps.

I don't think that's ironic. A lot of my favourite music of all time is church music. But there's a reason for that. A lot of the best music ever written was written for the church.

I guess I learned from a young age that the words don't matter. It's the music that counts. Probably why I never learn the lyrics to songs.

For God so loved the world that he arranged for everyone to both have free will and to suffer the terrible consequences of making the wrong choice. Kind of a dick move, God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2011, 04:44 PM

True, a lot of great music originates from the church. But I have to disagree with you on the lyrics part. I enjoy every piece of a song. Being a singer myself when I compose a song I focus on making the lyrics have as much meaning as my guitar piece.
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm a singer too. And I've still got the mindset that the lyrics don't matter. Which is one of my biggest failings as a singer. But I still can't find any importance in the words.

Any song, not just religious ones.

For God so loved the world that he arranged for everyone to both have free will and to suffer the terrible consequences of making the wrong choice. Kind of a dick move, God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply