Irony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Irony
I'm a blind artist. This is something I've found ironic. I paint in a late impressionist style similar to Van Gogh. But my pride and joy was handcrafted glass and crystal beaded jewelry. I can't take it anymore however, I'm tired. I don't want my head flooded with images of things I can still create but no longer see.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2013, 01:23 AM
RE: Irony
I get the impression that you were not always blind. How did you lose your eyesight?

I love impressionist painting, especially Van Gogh's "Starry Night".

How are you still able to paint if you cannot see? I can hardly paint with my eyesight. Surely that takes an extraordinary amount of focus?

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
Find all posts by this user
06-11-2013, 05:33 AM
(05-11-2013 04:42 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  I'm a blind artist. This is something I've found ironic. I paint in a late impressionist style similar to Van Gogh. But my pride and joy was handcrafted glass and crystal beaded jewelry. I can't take it anymore however, I'm tired. I don't want my head flooded with images of things I can still create but no longer see.

That sort of reads like a Poem :

I paint But my pride and joy was handcrafted
I can't take it anymore , I'm tired.
I don't want my head flooded with images
I can still create but no longer see.

Are you really blind ?

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
06-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Have you tried your hand at music?
If you still want to do crafts still you could emphasise on texture.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
06-11-2013, 12:03 PM
You could make sculptures to be touched instead of seen, much weirder and rare than regular sculptures. And because people would be touching them they will break, adding a scarcity element to your work and thus, value... if you know what I mean *wink wink*

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
06-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Why can't you attempt to make more jewellery? I like the idea of sculpting, too. Why not keep trying to create things as close as you can and see if that helps satisfy the creative bugs? I get that feeling too, where I imagine something in my mind but for other reasons I can't attain the outcome, it's super frustrating.

Hug
06-11-2013, 06:25 PM
(06-11-2013 01:23 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  I get the impression that you were not always blind. How did you lose your eyesight?

I love impressionist painting, especially Van Gogh's "Starry Night".

How are you still able to paint if you cannot see? I can hardly paint with my eyesight. Surely that takes an extraordinary amount of focus?

I have hydrocephalus the excessive fluids damaged the nerves in my eyes as for how I can still paint I don't know. There are a few blind artists in the world and no one has yet come up with an explanation for our creative abilities.
06-11-2013, 06:27 PM
(06-11-2013 05:33 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 04:42 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  I'm a blind artist. This is something I've found ironic. I paint in a late impressionist style similar to Van Gogh. But my pride and joy was handcrafted glass and crystal beaded jewelry. I can't take it anymore however, I'm tired. I don't want my head flooded with images of things I can still create but no longer see.

Are you really blind ?

Yes really check out my thread about how I an iPad.
06-11-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm just kind of having a depressed moment.
06-11-2013, 06:41 PM
(06-11-2013 05:33 AM)sporehux Wrote:  

Are you really blind ?

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid360386