Irony in the nest of hypocrites.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Irony in the nest of hypocrites.
Here is a blurb I found on the net. Ironic, if it is true.
Elton John is gay. Rush Limbaugh is an alleged homophobe and AIDS denier. That John would agree to perform at Limbaugh's wedding seems, on the surface, unlikely. And yet the "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" singer did just that last summer when Limbaugh, 59, wed Kathryn Rogers, 33, in a ceremony in Palm Beach, Florida. The $2 million fee went to the Elton John AIDS Foundation. In exchange, John serenaded guests like Fox News host Sean Hannity, George W. Bush advisor Karl Rove and former New York mayor Rudolph Guiliani.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2011, 03:51 PM
RE: Irony in the nest of hypocrites.
(05-03-2011 03:22 PM)No J. Wrote:  John serenaded guests like Fox News host Sean Hannity, George W. Bush advisor Karl Rove and former New York mayor Rudolph Guiliani.
And sadly, I'll bet not a one of them learned anything that day.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
05-03-2011, 06:13 PM
...AIDS denier? Those exist?

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2011, 07:42 PM
(05-03-2011 03:51 PM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  And sadly, I'll bet not a one of them learned anything that day.

Of course not. It has been tens of thousands of years and the lack of knowledge is still rampant. All because belief is a door that is closed to learning.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
06-03-2011, 04:35 PM
(05-03-2011 06:13 PM)ebilekittae Wrote:  ...AIDS denier? Those exist?

Sadly, yes.

There are also people who deny that the Holocaust occurred.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
07-03-2011, 12:58 AM
(06-03-2011 04:35 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(05-03-2011 06:13 PM)ebilekittae Wrote:  ...AIDS denier? Those exist?

Sadly, yes.
This, and the damage they have caused, is what I learned today. Found related link. AIDS Denial is Pseudoscience

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
07-03-2011, 06:08 AM
There are people who deny reality in all its forms , whether it be people who reject vaccines or refuse to acknowledge aids , or people who push circumcision as an aids cure on religious grounds.
There are also people who deny the holocaust or , if you want to look closer to home , 9/11.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin