Irrational Hatred for Law Enforcement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2014, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2014 06:46 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
Irrational Hatred for Law Enforcement
Abuse of power is an undeniable problem within our police departments. Law enforcement agencies are in desperate need of a systematic revising of their internal reviewing standards. It's not just a few bad apples that's the problem but a system which is inefficient at weeding them out. That being said, I can understand all the criticism being leveled at law enforcement agencies, I participate in such criticism myself. However, there is a difference between pointing out obvious breaches of justice mixed with a general discontentment of the agency as a whole, and just finding excuses to hate every single individual dressed in blue with a badge on their chest.

Despite what some may want you to believe, not all officers needlessly violate your physical body or engage in wanton brutality, but actually follow protocol (shocking, isn't it?). In fact, it's not entirely that rare, and for every video where you can find an officer needlessly brutalizing some poor suspect or carelessly firing into an innocent bystander, you'll find two or three videos of them following procedure as they should.

Now with Youtube being the cesspit gathering of the cognitively deficient that it is, one should always expect there to be a dissenting voice of stupidity in the comments section, but this is a particular topic of consistency in regards to retarded Youtube antics. Whether it's a video of 5 cops violently dumping a paraplegic suspect out of a wheelchair and then proceeding to taser and dogpile him or officers following the book while taking down a crazed lunatic randomly attacking innocent bystanders, somebody will always cry POLICE BRUTALITY!

It's one thing to watch a video of police abusing somebody they pulled over for no particular reason because that could be you or me being phsycially beaten at the hands of an asshole cop. You didn't do anything to provoke them, they just wanted to maul you for no good reason as if they were a random vagrant on the street that has an urge to randomly assault people. It's unexpected, unpredictable, and you have no means of defense. That scares and angers us, because it means you are a helpless victim with no means of resolution.

But this isn't always the case. I watched one video which I believe was from one of the officer's bodycams where the police were called in because some fucking mad man was going around randomly hammering people in the face. They chased him through a neighborhood at night and eventually he turned towards them and charged at them, hammer held high. Rather than shooting him dead right there, the officer's partner first fired FOUR bean-bag shotgun rounds into the suspect. When that didn't work, and he still was bullrushing them intent on smashing their skulls in, the other officer decided to take him out with a several pistol shots because the suspect was clearly a homicidal fuckwit that was a danger to everybody.

And some dumbshit in the comments section still claimed it was police brutality because apparently, he thought it was unjust to fire your gun when the suspect is equipped with a weapon that isn't one. Because as we all know, when somebody brings a knife to a gunfight (or in this case a hammer), all the other participants are obliged to not use their superior firepower due to the old-time tradition of how to fight like a true gentleman. Sort of like how it's common knowledge that the only proper way to go grizzly bear hunting is to take the beasts out with a precision tickle strike.

Yes, believe it or not, sometimes it IS entirely the suspect's fault for getting four bullets in the gut and a taser shot to the face. What I don't get is why some people fail to grasp this concept. "Did he really have to shoot him 11 times?" says one fuckwit. Maybe, maybe not, but it doesn't really matter considering that when the said suspect jumped out of his car after a high-speed chase and was told by a cop pointing his gun RIGHT in his face to put his hands in the air that he decided this was the perfect time to retrieve his knife and attempt to stab the officer.

These are not cases of police brutality, these are cases of idiots in action getting exactly what they should have expected and exactly what they deserved for being retarded. People like you and I don't have to worry about the cops in these videos if this is their standard procedure, because people like you and I are smart enough to not charge an officer pointing a gun in our face as if we wanted to give them the cuddliest stab in the world.

It makes me wonder whether these people who cry foul at the most stellar executions of police procedures are the same type of people who would suicidally rush cops in a similar situation, and therefore I ponder whether their comments of soul-crushing hatred are manifestations of some perceived injustice or rather just lamentations over the loss of their cognitively impaired brethren.

So what is it that makes these people tick? Discarding anarchists who just view law-enforcement as the musclemen of an organization they disregard the legitimacy of or criminals and drug pushers who are just as scumfucky as what they try to portray every officer as, what is their thread of logic behind this type of out of control and unfocused criticism of the men and women in blue? Why can't they accept that officers sometimes act well within their properly allocated bounds when they summarily terminated the beloved local StabbyMcFaceStab because he mistook the officers for new jack-o-lantern material?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
27-04-2014, 06:55 PM
RE: Irrational Hatred for Law Enforcement
Most cops don't commit police brutality. But some do. And sometimes protocol encourages a degree of force which most would deem excessive.

That would still be fine. We could just convict cops who cross the line, or who simply behave in a homicidal way. The problem is that these officers are very often *not* punished. I don't see any way in which you can justify the acquittal of the officers who beat Kelly Thomas to death--an unarmed, homeless, slightly retarded man who the officers in question knew was mentally handicapped. They detained him for literally no reason at all, threatened his life, and five minutes later tasered him, then beat him to death over the course of twenty minutes as he cried for help, cried for his daddy, and begged the officers to stop as they yelled "STOP RESISTING" over and over, despite Kelly Thomas being in no position to do any kind of resisting.

This happened about 5 miles from where I used to live, and about 30 miles from where I live now. Forgive me if I'm a little wary of Orange County police.

Those officers were acquitted, as have been dozens of other officers who committed *indisputably* brutal acts. If you want to deny the existence of that kind of action, or justify their being let off scott-free and put back on the force... Well I'll refrain from the profanities unless you actually take that position.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
27-04-2014, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2014 07:07 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(27-04-2014 06:55 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Most cops don't commit police brutality. But some do. And sometimes protocol encourages a degree of force which most would deem excessive.

That would still be fine. We could just convict cops who cross the line, or who simply behave in a homicidal way. The problem is that these officers are very often *not* punished. I don't see any way in which you can justify the acquittal of the officers who beat Kelly Thomas to death--an unarmed, homeless, slightly retarded man who the officers in question knew was mentally handicapped. They detained him for literally no reason at all, threatened his life, and five minutes later tasered him, then beat him to death over the course of twenty minutes as he cried for help, cried for his daddy, and begged the officers to stop as they yelled "STOP RESISTING" over and over, despite Kelly Thomas being in no position to do any kind of resisting.

This happened about 5 miles from where I used to live, and about 30 miles from where I live now. Forgive me if I'm a little wary of Orange County police.

Those officers were acquitted, as have been dozens of other officers who committed *indisputably* brutal acts. If you want to deny the existence of that kind of action, or justify their being let off scott-free and put back on the force... Well I'll refrain from the profanities unless you actually take that position.

Nope, not my position. I admitted to this very problem in the beginning of my post. I wasn't criticizing people who are wary of police officers and find there to simply be too many asshole officers getting off the hook on what should be downright murder charges, I'm talking about people who apply the critique they would give to the officers in that video to officers who.....take out actual homicidal lunatics while still managing to follow protocol. That's who I'm attacking, those who think that the officers in that video are just as despicable as the rather respectable officers who followed the book while taking out HammerSmashFace guy that I talked about above. Basically, people who believe that every uniformed member on the force is the human form of satan and will still accuse the officers that handle instances properly as being baby-kicking, child molesting, cold-blooded killers.

27-04-2014, 07:06 PM
That has more to do with media sensationalism and clips showing only the beating, rather than the full context.

I do wonder what you'd propose for homicidal cops like in the Kelly Thomas case.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
27-04-2014, 07:08 PM
(27-04-2014 07:06 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  That has more to do with media sensationalism and clips showing only the beating, rather than the full context.

I do wonder what you'd propose for homicidal cops like in the Kelly Thomas case.

Second-degree murder charges, same sentence you would give anybody else for randomly assaulting and killing a passerby. The court needs to stop letting cops off the hook simply for being cops.

[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
27-04-2014, 07:28 PM
(27-04-2014 07:08 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 07:06 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  That has more to do with media sensationalism and clips showing only the beating, rather than the full context.

Second-degree murder charges, same sentence you would give anybody else for randomly assaulting and killing a passerby. The court needs to stop letting cops off the hook simply for being cops.

The problem isn't simply what to charge them with, it's why they get let off the hook.

Saying that actual police brutality *should* be punished, without addressing why it *isn't* punished, isn't actually addressing the problem. We have a whole truckload of societal and institutional problems that cause this. And the combination of sensationalist videos, actual tragedies, and the fact that many people feel threatened by the police and have no way to resolve the situation, is what leads to the phenomenon you described in your first post.

And let's not forget police who refuse to testify against other officers, even if they've clearly committed a wrongdoing. As Tim Minchin said:

Quote:If you cover for another motherfucker who's a kiddie fucker, fuck you, you're no better than the motherfucking rapist.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
27-04-2014, 07:38 PM
"Cops" really is a fraternal word, so if you're not a policeman you really shouldn't call them cops.

Alot of people in America, I've found, just have distaste for the law in general. Some people exhibit it by running red lights and saying "they should catch real criminals," some exhibit it by pirating video games and saying "I'm just fighting the big corporations"

People in America sometimes just don't want to follow reasonable rules, so no wonder they hate the law enforcement.
27-04-2014, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2014 08:11 PM by PoolBoyG.)
Exclamation RE: Irrational Hatred for Law Enforcement
A car with a group of young adults was stopped in front of our house once. They looked like your typical skinny surfer types. I would assume it was for drinking or marijuana.

They were out there for a while and the scene was video tapped. Then one or some of the cops started fighting with one of the guys in the van, and the guy was screaming assault and one of the girls was shouting at the cop to stop.

Later the cops came to our house and demanded that we give them the memory card or for them to delete it -OR- they were going to take us in. I was so angry at them, and think I would have gone violent - The sheer gall and corruption of these assholes.

Out of deep regret, we submitted to them and everything was erased.

Remember, authorities are those that have all the advantage and power that no other normal citizen has, and they have the "legitimacy" for violence. They should NEVER have the benefit of the doubt. They should rather die than accidentally kill someone. Or rather be injured before accidentally injuring someone.

Because their means and capacity to injure or kill is greater - their means to be excused for it is greater - their means of covering it up is greater.
27-04-2014, 08:26 PM
(27-04-2014 07:28 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 07:08 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Second-degree murder charges, same sentence you would give anybody else for randomly assaulting and killing a passerby. The court needs to stop letting cops off the hook simply for being cops.

The problem isn't simply what to charge them with, it's why they get let off the hook.

Saying that actual police brutality *should* be punished, without addressing why it *isn't* punished, isn't actually addressing the problem. We have a whole truckload of societal and institutional problems that cause this. And the combination of sensationalist videos, actual tragedies, and the fact that many people feel threatened by the police and have no way to resolve the situation, is what leads to the phenomenon you described in your first post.

And let's not forget police who refuse to testify against other officers, even if they've clearly committed a wrongdoing. As Tim Minchin said:

Quote:If you cover for another motherfucker who's a kiddie fucker, fuck you, you're no better than the motherfucking rapist.

(27-04-2014 08:05 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  A car with a group of young adults was stopped in front of our house once. They looked like your typical skinny surfer types. I would assume it was for drinking or marijuana.

They were out there for a while and the scene was video tapped. Then one or some of the cops started fighting with one of the guys in the van, and the guy was screaming assault and one of the girls was shouting at the cop to stop.

Later the cops came to our house and demanded that we give them the memory card or for them to delete it -OR- they were going to take us in. I was so angry at them, and think I would have gone violent - The sheer gall and corruption of these assholes.

Out of deep regret, we submitted to them and everything was erased.

Remember, authorities are those that have all the advantage and power that no other normal citizen has, and they have the "legitimacy" for violence. They should NEVER have the benefit of the doubt. They should rather die than accidentally kill someone. Or rather be injured before accidentally injuring someone.

Because their means and capacity to injure or kill is greater - their means to be excused for it is greater - their means of covering it up is greater.

Valid points, as I have already said, the distrust of cops is warranted and their corruption and brutality well documented. But if the general public has so much difficulty discerning what is clear police brutality and what is justified procedure, curtailing such abuses will be that much more difficult.

28-04-2014, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2014 12:07 AM by Hughsie.)
I agree with you TS, especially over here where I suspect police abuses of power are significantly lower.

I hear so many people bitching on like children about how awful the police are (not for any sort of brutality, I think a lot of people just hate any sort of authority), I always wonder what these people would do if someone was breaking into their house or something.

Also, I always think that when people claim that a cop has been too trigger happy or forceful in a particular situation that it's very easy to say that for us. When you can sit at your PC in a calm state of mind, with nothing riding on being right or wrong, with plenty of time to consider things, it's a very different situation than having a split second to react one way or another and knowing the life of you and everyone around you could be on the line.

The other one that makes me laugh is people who break certain laws and then bitch if they get caught because "it's a dumb law anyway".

1) Hey asshole, the law isn't a pick and choose thing. Shockingly if murder or rapist thinks that laws against brutally attacking innocent people are "dumb laws anyway", they don't get a free pass. Same thing here.

2) The cops don't make the law. They are paid to enforce it only and the idea that cops should take the law into their own hands by deciding to overlook certain laws that have been decided on by democratically elected representatives seems ridiculous to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly brilliant at sticking to speed limits, I used to smoke weed sometimes, there's various other not "hugely legal things" that I've done in my life. The difference between me and the dickwads I just mentioned is that if I did get caught breaking the law and penalised I wouldn't blame the cop, I make decisions to do these thing knowing the potential penalties if I get caught and accepting that I'm taking that risk.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post