Irrational Hatred for Law Enforcement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2014, 05:15 AM
RE: Irrational Hatred for Law Enforcement
(27-04-2014 06:21 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Abuse of power is an undeniable problem within our police departments. Law enforcement agencies are in desperate need of a systematic revising of their internal reviewing standards. It's not just a few bad apples that's the problem but a system which is inefficient at weeding them out. That being said, I can understand all the criticism being leveled at law enforcement agencies, I participate in such criticism myself. However, there is a difference between pointing out obvious breaches of justice mixed with a general discontentment of the agency as a whole, and just finding excuses to hate every single individual dressed in blue with a badge on their chest.

Despite what some may want you to believe, not all officers needlessly violate your physical body or engage in wanton brutality, but actually follow protocol (shocking, isn't it?). In fact, it's not entirely that rare, and for every video where you can find an officer needlessly brutalizing some poor suspect or carelessly firing into an innocent bystander, you'll find two or three videos of them following procedure as they should.

Now with Youtube being the cesspit gathering of the cognitively deficient that it is, one should always expect there to be a dissenting voice of stupidity in the comments section, but this is a particular topic of consistency in regards to retarded Youtube antics. Whether it's a video of 5 cops violently dumping a paraplegic suspect out of a wheelchair and then proceeding to taser and dogpile him or officers following the book while taking down a crazed lunatic randomly attacking innocent bystanders, somebody will always cry POLICE BRUTALITY!

It's one thing to watch a video of police abusing somebody they pulled over for no particular reason because that could be you or me being phsycially beaten at the hands of an asshole cop. You didn't do anything to provoke them, they just wanted to maul you for no good reason as if they were a random vagrant on the street that has an urge to randomly assault people. It's unexpected, unpredictable, and you have no means of defense. That scares and angers us, because it means you are a helpless victim with no means of resolution.

But this isn't always the case. I watched one video which I believe was from one of the officer's bodycams where the police were called in because some fucking mad man was going around randomly hammering people in the face. They chased him through a neighborhood at night and eventually he turned towards them and charged at them, hammer held high. Rather than shooting him dead right there, the officer's partner first fired FOUR bean-bag shotgun rounds into the suspect. When that didn't work, and he still was bullrushing them intent on smashing their skulls in, the other officer decided to take him out with a several pistol shots because the suspect was clearly a homicidal fuckwit that was a danger to everybody.

And some dumbshit in the comments section still claimed it was police brutality because apparently, he thought it was unjust to fire your gun when the suspect is equipped with a weapon that isn't one. Because as we all know, when somebody brings a knife to a gunfight (or in this case a hammer), all the other participants are obliged to not use their superior firepower due to the old-time tradition of how to fight like a true gentleman. Sort of like how it's common knowledge that the only proper way to go grizzly bear hunting is to take the beasts out with a precision tickle strike.

Yes, believe it or not, sometimes it IS entirely the suspect's fault for getting four bullets in the gut and a taser shot to the face. What I don't get is why some people fail to grasp this concept. "Did he really have to shoot him 11 times?" says one fuckwit. Maybe, maybe not, but it doesn't really matter considering that when the said suspect jumped out of his car after a high-speed chase and was told by a cop pointing his gun RIGHT in his face to put his hands in the air that he decided this was the perfect time to retrieve his knife and attempt to stab the officer.

These are not cases of police brutality, these are cases of idiots in action getting exactly what they should have expected and exactly what they deserved for being retarded. People like you and I don't have to worry about the cops in these videos if this is their standard procedure, because people like you and I are smart enough to not charge an officer pointing a gun in our face as if we wanted to give them the cuddliest stab in the world.

It makes me wonder whether these people who cry foul at the most stellar executions of police procedures are the same type of people who would suicidally rush cops in a similar situation, and therefore I ponder whether their comments of soul-crushing hatred are manifestations of some perceived injustice or rather just lamentations over the loss of their cognitively impaired brethren.

So what is it that makes these people tick? Discarding anarchists who just view law-enforcement as the musclemen of an organization they disregard the legitimacy of or criminals and drug pushers who are just as scumfucky as what they try to portray every officer as, what is their thread of logic behind this type of out of control and unfocused criticism of the men and women in blue? Why can't they accept that officers sometimes act well within their properly allocated bounds when they summarily terminated the beloved local StabbyMcFaceStab because he mistook the officers for new jack-o-lantern material?
I think it's human nature to resent (to some extent) people who have authority over you. Maybe some people have no "lid" on their resentment, which obviously can lead to very bad confrontations with law enforcement, and that feeds into their resentment even more.

FWIW, in my experience the people who are entirely against law enforcement are losers who just have a compulsion to complain about something. College anarchists, you say?Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2014, 06:05 AM
I don't hate law enforcement, but I don't trust them. I have seen too much racial profiling: Interstate 10 between Houston and Beaumont in Texas, disproportionate pullovers--mostly black.

Also, I grew up in Compton / Englewood / Watts, California 1960s, enough said.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
28-04-2014, 06:51 AM
(27-04-2014 06:21 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Abuse of power is an undeniable problem within our police departments. Law enforcement agencies are in desperate need of a systematic revising of their internal reviewing standards. It's not just a few bad apples that's the problem but a system which is inefficient at weeding them out.
It goes beyond the law enforcement - the prosecution and political systems that make the laws needs to be revised in order to fix the final outlet of the patrol cop.

The separation of powers is not correct for the modern society that we have. It should be obvious, but we are conditioned to accept it, because we grew up being taught that it is correct and efficient.

If you do not agree, then you better start working on figuring it out by yourself, how to fix the police department; because there is no group thinking going on here, or anywhere, on the Internet. I am years ahead of you, and the constitutional convention people.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
28-04-2014, 06:56 AM
(28-04-2014 05:15 AM)Juv Wrote:  I think it's human nature to resent (to some extent) people who have authority over you. Maybe some people have no "lid" on their resentment, which obviously can lead to very bad confrontations with law enforcement, and that feeds into their resentment even more.

FWIW, in my experience the people who are entirely against law enforcement are losers who just have a compulsion to complain about something. College anarchists, you say?Big Grin
That is correct. Most of the criminals are losers who do not appreciate the rules for orderly society, the rest are corrupt businessmen. That being said, our society is not correctly ordered - it is secular - trying to be all things to all people.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
28-04-2014, 07:02 AM
(28-04-2014 06:05 AM)Dee Wrote:  I don't hate law enforcement, but I don't trust them.

my sentiments as well.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
28-04-2014, 07:45 AM
(28-04-2014 07:02 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 06:05 AM)Dee Wrote:  I don't hate law enforcement, but I don't trust them.

my sentiments as well.
Beside President Obama, who in the government do you trust?

[+] 1 user Likes TrainWreck's post
28-04-2014, 07:50 AM
(28-04-2014 07:45 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 07:02 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  my sentiments as well.
Beside President Obama, who in the government do you trust?

Disagreeing with the President, a congressman, the EPA, FDA, the mayor won't put me in jail, the ER or the morgue in a matter of minutes like it could if you disagree with an officer.....whether I'm right or wrong......won't be determined until AFTER I endure some sort of penalty.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
30-04-2014, 08:41 AM
There should always be a healthy distrust of those in power. Giving someone a pass just because they are in a position of authority is a bad policy. There are some bad eggs and there are some great cops that will even go against the law to make sure they are doing the right thing.(Note that not all law are good or correct or actually support doing the right thing.)

Trust is earned not given freely. In the case of law enforcement one would have to prove that they are not just a functional revenue stream for the state and actually care for and do their best to protect and serve the public who are in the end their bosses.

I do not have an irrational hatred of law enforcement but a health distrust of those in power.
[+] 2 users Like Krusty_47's post
03-05-2014, 01:48 PM
(30-04-2014 08:41 AM)Krusty_47 Wrote:  There should always be a healthy distrust of those in power. Giving someone a pass just because they are in a position of authority is a bad policy. There are some bad eggs and there are some great cops that will even go against the law to make sure they are doing the right thing.(Note that not all law are good or correct or actually support doing the right thing.)

Trust is earned not given freely. In the case of law enforcement one would have to prove that they are not just a functional revenue stream for the state and actually care for and do their best to protect and serve the public who are in the end their bosses.

I do not have an irrational hatred of law enforcement but a health distrust of those in power.

Your type of distrust is not the type I am criticizing.

There is a type of irrational hatred for law enforcement that is distinct from the understandable and deserved mistrust of law enforcement as a whole. I'm talking about people who will hate a police officer irrespective of that officer's performance in relation to protocol. The kind of person that sees no difference between an asshole cop abusing his power and a model cop working consistently within procedural standards.

Your type of mistrust is the type we need in order to rein in the deficiencies of the system; it's a focused criticism that intends to separate the good eggs from the bad eggs and how we go about eliminating the factors that continually produce bad eggs. The type of mistrust I am chastising is the unfocused and indiscriminate kind; the people who don't wish to separate the good eggs from the bad eggs but rather intend to smash ALL the eggs and discard the carton.

[Image: giphy.gif]
04-05-2014, 03:09 AM
I can't help but wonder if I'm in the group of people you are criticizing or not.

The police structure here changed a couple of years ago, and now people mostly have to deal with a special unit who are known to be trained in a way that makes them feel superior to "mere humans".

I know my personal experience does not qualify as scientific data, but I'm 24 and the first ever positive experience I've had with cops was a few days ago.

There have been countless cases of people reporting (and me personally experiencing) whole police departments working with the Nazi political party in Greece. We're also talking about a country where demonstrations and protests are a common phenomenon and the evidence for unjustified police brutality is everywhere.

Now, what are the lines that separate "not trusting them", "not trusting all of them", "disliking them" and "hating them"?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-