Irrational thoughts that still creep into your mind, even though you know better

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2015, 10:49 AM
RE: Irrational thoughts that still creep into your mind, even though you know better
(19-01-2015 09:47 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 01:51 PM)cactus Wrote:  Every time I open a fortune cookie, in the back of my mind I'm thinking "Yes, this was actually written for me specifically."

They still make fortune cookies? All the "fortune cookies" I have opened lately are more like wannabe inspirational statements. Dodgy

Sorry. Tangent. Carry on.

Ha! That's what Alphabet's regurgitations sound like - Chinese fortune cookies!

Never mind.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2015, 11:18 AM
RE: Irrational thoughts that still creep into your mind, even though you know better
^
But without any entertainment value. Smile

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
19-01-2015, 02:04 PM
I still get afraid of the dark. Sometimes it's for real life fears - I mean, I think women are usually raised to be afraid to walk anywhere alone in the dark, and for good reason - but I also have a real problem watching ghost movies.

The only way I've gotten around that recently is to watch 'ghost' movies where it's perfectly plausible that the person is just crazy. "The Haunting of Helena" did that pretty well. "The Ring" gave me screaming nightmares for a week just from watching the scene where she crawls out of the television.

I still want to wish upon candles and believe in a lot of new-agey Wicca shit.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus
19-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Sometimes I stare into the dark expecting some eyes to appear. Confused

By the way, waiting one second for the microwave is absurd and ridiculous...

Half a second is enough.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
19-01-2015, 08:24 PM
For some reason, I nearly always keep the fortune in the fortune cookie. When I get home, I may throw it out or forget it & wash it into a laundry-induced paper lump. But right at the restaurant, I don't throw them out. No idea why.

Also, I sleep better if my feet are under the covers. Because, y'know, under-the-bed monsters live there. Evil_monster
19-01-2015, 10:22 PM
I've been trying to live a "neater" life, so I installed a tension bar behind my main shower bar to hang my drying, used towels on and always draw the curtain and leave the bathroom looking as spic and span as possible before I leave for work.

So of course when I get home I have to check for serial killers behind the curtain...just in case.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus
[+] 2 users Like thesummerqueen's post
19-01-2015, 10:47 PM
(19-01-2015 08:24 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Also, I sleep better if my feet are under the covers. Because, y'know, under-the-bed monsters live there. Evil_monster

No, no, no. The OP said irrational. Nothing irrational about that. Ohmy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-01-2015, 04:49 PM
(19-01-2015 10:22 PM)thesummerqueen Wrote:  I've been trying to live a "neater" life, so I installed a tension bar behind my main shower bar to hang my drying, used towels on and always draw the curtain and leave the bathroom looking as spic and span as possible before I leave for work.

So of course when I get home I have to check for serial killers behind the curtain...just in case.

Oh my Yahweh, I thought I was the only one! lol

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
20-01-2015, 06:47 PM
(19-01-2015 08:24 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Also, I sleep better if my feet are under the covers. Because, y'know, under-the-bed monsters live there. Evil_monster

Under the bed monsters live under the covers?

Is John a zombie?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
20-01-2015, 07:39 PM
(20-01-2015 06:47 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  

Under the bed monsters live under the covers?

Is John a zombie?

Yeah, I didn't explain that very we'll. Underbed monsters live under the bed (hence their name), but covers of any thickness thwart them. Y'see, it's better than armor.

Smile