Irrationality of faith

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2014, 04:50 PM
RE: Irrationality of faith
(03-07-2014 04:37 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 10:48 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I don't think our Dharma King realizes just what he's admitting.

Possibly or he could be one of those rare honest religious people. I have met a few in my life.

On the other hand I don't think Jeremy, I mean ecce Homo will be back.

Why is it so bad to admit that a faith is irrational to ones who don't have faith?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 05:09 PM
(03-07-2014 04:50 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 04:37 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Possibly or he could be one of those rare honest religious people. I have met a few in my life.

Why is it so bad to admit that a faith is irrational to ones who don't have faith?

It isn't bad. It is extraordinarily rare in my experience for a religious person to be that frank and open about the subject of faith. I applaud you. I wish all those who use faith as a means knowledge would be so honest and admit that they have no objective evidence.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
05-07-2014, 06:53 AM
(03-07-2014 05:09 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 04:50 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  Why is it so bad to admit that a faith is irrational to ones who don't have faith?

It isn't bad. It is extraordinarily rare in my experience for a religious person to be that frank and open about the subject of faith. I applaud you. I wish all those who use faith as a means knowledge would be so honest and admit that they have no objective evidence.

Thank you I really needed that.

http://www.highestbuddhistmasters.org/en...k00322.htm

Read the Cultivation Dharma so you may receive good fortune and liberation.
05-07-2014, 02:00 PM
(03-07-2014 04:50 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 04:37 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Possibly or he could be one of those rare honest religious people. I have met a few in my life.

Didn't say anything about "bad". And it's irrational, period.

Like I said: You really don't know what you're actually admitting.

AND you failed to stick your flounce.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop