Irreducible complexity

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.67 Average
05-12-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: Irreducible complexity
(05-12-2013 01:48 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  My point was that the original thread post and others were talking about the IC of the beginnings of life. There are countless stages of evolution where there are IC issues.

No, there aren't. Your lack of knowledge and insight is not evidence of IC.

You can't imagine the steps or the gradual changes over a vast time because you are simply not smart enough.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
05-12-2013, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 09:36 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-12-2013 02:02 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  No unresolved issues touching complex organic mechanisms? You mean like evolution of the eye, which only took over 1,000 steps and 400,000 years, not including:

*Placing the eyes in the maximal position (or at least a good position) for the animal

*Tying the eye/eyes to the brain with optic nerves

*Reversing images for humans and other processing for other animals

Etc.

Exactly right. No issues.
You just are too ignorant of basic Evolutionary Biology to even begin to know what you're talking about.

(05-12-2013 02:02 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  As for Bible issues--you are wandering off topic--I've quoted my own research papers and have a degree. Who awarded your religion, biblical studies or ancient languages degree?

Do you have ancient Greek and Hebrew under your belt as I do? Have you spent thousands of hours studying the Bible issues as I have done? Do you have a four-year or Masters? Perhaps you are even a TA earning $7.50 hourly, which is why you claim to have students you "teach".

90% of your posts are telling all of us what mainline scholars say. Put me back on ignore until you formulate an original opinion, if you don't mind.

Thanks--and Jesus loves you, BB.

Thanks, but Jebus is Lard, and never even existed. I'm in the PhD program iin the Ivy League, (as my secondary line of education). I was granted my BA when I was 19. I started when I was 16. So yes, I have everything you mention. I was accepted into the PhD program, from there. As for your "thousands of hours" goes, it's very apparent you misspent them at the feet of fundies. Too bad you wasted your time on Presuppositionalist crap. Did you ever once examine the possibility you might be all wrong ? No. Your views are VERY FAR FAR right wing, WAY out of the norm, concerning every topic you (try to) write on. You'd be laughed off the campus, where I come from, (assuming you could even get in), and almost everywhere, in academia. I never claimed I taught anyone, (dementia rearing it's head again ??). I don't work. My gramps made sure I would never have to. I will, when I'm ready. One of my life goals is to be a pain in the ass to ignorant fundies like you. I do realize you would rather not deal with me, but as long as you infest/infect TTA with fundie nonsense, I'll be here to be a pain in your ignorant ass.
Happy Holidays. Tongue Thanks-and Beelzebub loves you JebusTrollJoke,

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-12-2013, 03:43 PM
(05-12-2013 02:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 02:02 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  No unresolved issues touching complex organic mechanisms? You mean like evolution of the eye, which only took over 1,000 steps and 400,000 years, not including:

*Placing the eyes in the maximal position (or at least a good position) for the animal

*Tying the eye/eyes to the brain with optic nerves

*Reversing images for humans and other processing for other animals

Etc.

Exactly right. No issues.
You just are too ignorant of basic Evolutionary Biology to even begin to know what you're talking about.

(05-12-2013 02:02 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  As for Bible issues--you are wandering off topic--I've quoted my own research papers and have a degree. Who awarded your religion, biblical studies or ancient languages degree?

Do you have ancient Greek and Hebrew under your belt as I do? Have you spent thousands of hours studying the Bible issues as I have done? Do you have a four-year or Masters? Perhaps you are even a TA earning $7.50 hourly, which is why you claim to have students you "teach".

90% of your posts are telling all of us what mainline scholars say. Put me back on ignore until you formulate an original opinion, if you don't mind.

Thanks, but Jebus is Lard, and never even existed. I'm in the PhD program iin the Ivy League, (as my secondary line of education). I was granted my BA when I was 19. I started when I was 16. So yes, I have everything you mention. I was accepted into the PhD program, from there. As for your "thousands of hours" goes, it's very apparent you misspent them at the feet of fundies. Too bad you wasted your time on Presuppositionist crap. Did you ever once examine the possibility you might be all wrong ? No. Your views are VERY FAR FAR right wing, WAY out of the norm, concerning every topic you (try to) write on. You'd be laughed off the campus, where I come from, (assuming you could even get in), and almost everywhere, in academia. I never claimed I taught anyone, (dementia rearing it's head again ??). I don't work. My gramps made sure I would never have to. I will, when I'm ready. One of my life goals is to be a pain in the ass to ignorant fundies like you. I do realize you would rather not deal with me, but as long as you infest/infect TTA with fundie nonsense, I'll be here to be a pain in your ignorant ass.

1) PhD program of what? What field of study?

2) You've said "tell my students what you wrote" and etc. more than once.

3) No original thoughts, then?

4) I understand evolutionary biology from a lay perspective but with the added value of many hours in study beyond to deal with it as an apologetic--and I've found that rather it's the students who claim they are passionate about evolution who know very few of its mechanisms.

5) I've preached at Harvard, Yale and Columbia. The students there weren't any brighter or dumber than anywhere else concerning the gospel, morality, evolution, etc.

6) Your story sounds impressive. I went to a high school you may have heard of called (Peter) Stuyvesant in New York. Ring any bells? You're a northeasterner also, yes? No? We had no honors or AP courses because 100% of our workload was college level. No one there was off to college at 16--we were taking a college courseload at 13 or 14. We had kids in 9th grade taking Calc II. 99% graduated even there in NYC and one-third of my senior class went on to Harvard, Yale or Princeton back in the dark ages before they began limiting the number that any one school could send to an Ivy. And no, most of the kids there were between upper and lower middle class, and our grandparents didn't pay for us to attend an Ivy without a scholarship. In other words, you seem fairly bright Sheldon-Leonard-BB, but some of the smartest-by-gum brilliant people in this and any other era have been devout believers including that most worthy of Mensa Mentat members of Dune, the Poobah of Cratheism, PleaseJesus. Smile Of course, countless other geniuses were and are theists, including mainline scholars. Antony Flew ring a bell for you? Smile
05-12-2013, 03:53 PM
(05-12-2013 03:43 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  In other words, you seem fairly bright Sheldon-Leonard-BB, but some of the smartest-by-gum brilliant people in this and any other era have been devout believers including that most worthy of Mensa Mentat members of Dune, the Poobah of Cratheism, PleaseJesus.e theists, including mainline scholars. Antony Flew ring a bell for you? Smile

A.k.a when all else fails, stroke my own dick. I mean, I can stroke my dick; I got awards and shit, but when some fool calls me on my bullshit, I answer them. I don't go back to stroking my own dick. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
05-12-2013, 08:38 PM
(05-12-2013 02:37 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Tides go in tides go out : you can't explain it.

Oh wait you can explain it,
#### Fox News Alert ####
Bill Oriely , motivates science to discover moon gravity.

Thumbsup

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-12-2013, 08:45 PM

A Holey Babble degree? You might as well have a degree in Grimm's Fairy Tales! Rolleyes What a fucking waste.
Quote:Do you have ancient Greek and Hebrew under your belt as I do? Have you spent thousands of hours studying the Bible issues as I have done?

Worth about as much as thousands of hours of Harry Fucking Potter.

Quote:Blah blah blah...Hobo

And Chthulu loves you too, you pomous ass.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
05-12-2013, 09:41 PM
(05-12-2013 03:43 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 02:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Exactly right. No issues.

Thanks, but Jebus is Lard, and never even existed. I'm in the PhD program iin the Ivy League, (as my secondary line of education). I was granted my BA when I was 19. I started when I was 16. So yes, I have everything you mention. I was accepted into the PhD program, from there. As for your "thousands of hours" goes, it's very apparent you misspent them at the feet of fundies. Too bad you wasted your time on Presuppositionist crap. Did you ever once examine the possibility you might be all wrong ? No. Your views are VERY FAR FAR right wing, WAY out of the norm, concerning every topic you (try to) write on. You'd be laughed off the campus, where I come from, (assuming you could even get in), and almost everywhere, in academia. I never claimed I taught anyone, (dementia rearing it's head again ??). I don't work. My gramps made sure I would never have to. I will, when I'm ready. One of my life goals is to be a pain in the ass to ignorant fundies like you. I do realize you would rather not deal with me, but as long as you infest/infect TTA with fundie nonsense, I'll be here to be a pain in your ignorant ass.

1) PhD program of what? What field of study?

2) You've said "tell my students what you wrote" and etc. more than once.

3) No original thoughts, then?

4) I understand evolutionary biology from a lay perspective but with the added value of many hours in study beyond to deal with it as an apologetic--and I've found that rather it's the students who claim they are passionate about evolution who know very few of its mechanisms.

5) I've preached at Harvard, Yale and Columbia. The students there weren't any brighter or dumber than anywhere else concerning the gospel, morality, evolution, etc.

6) Your story sounds impressive. I went to a high school you may have heard of called (Peter) Stuyvesant in New York. Ring any bells? You're a northeasterner also, yes? No? We had no honors or AP courses because 100% of our workload was college level. No one there was off to college at 16--we were taking a college courseload at 13 or 14. We had kids in 9th grade taking Calc II. 99% graduated even there in NYC and one-third of my senior class went on to Harvard, Yale or Princeton back in the dark ages before they began limiting the number that any one school could send to an Ivy. And no, most of the kids there were between upper and lower middle class, and our grandparents didn't pay for us to attend an Ivy without a scholarship. In other words, you seem fairly bright Sheldon-Leonard-BB, but some of the smartest-by-gum brilliant people in this and any other era have been devout believers including that most worthy of Mensa Mentat members of Dune, the Poobah of Cratheism, PleaseJesus. Smile Of course, countless other geniuses were and are theists, including mainline scholars. Antony Flew ring a bell for you? Smile

You exaggerate the curriculum at Stuyvesant. Vastly.

Why do you feel a need to do shit like this? You are such a sad, deluded man.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
05-12-2013, 09:56 PM
(05-12-2013 03:43 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  5) I've preached at Harvard, Yale and Columbia.

Oh, aren't you impressive. Rolleyes

[Image: pridefest.2013.parade.205x205.jpg]

[Image: 20120622052737!Rofl.gif]

05-12-2013, 10:07 PM
(05-12-2013 03:43 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  2) You've said "tell my students what you wrote" and etc. more than once.

I have never once said that, and you cannot find one instance where I did.
Your brain seems to not be tracking too well. Hmm, is that your problem ? You do make things up. Has this always been a problem for you ?

(05-12-2013 03:43 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  3) No original thoughts, then?

About this red herring topic ? Not really. The answers are all there for anything who really looks. You have none of them, as you have demonstrated.

(05-12-2013 03:43 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  4) I understand evolutionary biology from a lay perspective but with the added value of many hours in study beyond to deal with it as an apologetic--and I've found that rather it's the students who claim they are passionate about evolution who know very few of its mechanisms.

BS. There is no "special way" to understand evolutionary Biology, for apologetics. Science is science. You NEED to alter it, to fit you presuppositionalist nonsense. No wonder you are so deluded. You set up your (literally) soap box on some random corner at colleges. You were never once actually "invited" to preach there or anywhere. You mooched there, and made a fool of yourself. You are an insane nut-job, who shouts, and shows up uninvited. You clearly are more insane than we thought.

(05-12-2013 03:43 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  5) I've preached at Harvard, Yale and Columbia. The students there weren't any brighter or dumber than anywhere else concerning the gospel, morality, evolution, etc.

You're not exactly in a position to be commenting on that now, are you, soap box traveling orator ?
The names. Who are your TTA converts ?
Beelzebub loves you. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-12-2013, 02:18 AM
(30-11-2013 07:30 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yes you do need sentience, either ours or theirs. Self replicating machines and computer viruses do not assemble themselves without sentience, because they are the products of intelligent designers; namely human beings. Even self replicating and evolving computer viruses are designed that way, once again by human beings. You are once again making terrible analogies without thinking them through.

In the case of machine evolution, intelligence is only needed to get the evolutionary ball rolling.....but once it gets going....it is not longer needed. Why can't the same be true of biological evolution?

ID'st are looking for the hand of God, and I am saying they should be looking for it at the inception of the process and not in the products. ID'st should be claiming that evolutionary systems themselves are irreducibly complex....not eyeballs or locomotive tails.