Irreducible complexity

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.67 Average
17-12-2013, 12:26 PM
RE: Irreducible complexity
(17-12-2013 02:58 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(16-12-2013 03:18 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Science is the pursuit of natural explanations for observable events.
Forensic science is often used by police departments to develop explanations for non natural deaths of human beings.
Can you please provide one case where science was used to explain a supernatural explanation of a death of a person?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
17-12-2013, 12:35 PM
He can't, he's confused and is mixing up "non-natural death" as used by police, etc to mean a murder, suicide or accidental death with the concept of natural vs artificial, meaning manmade or non-manmade. I don't think he intended to imply supernatural death at all.
[+] 2 users Like Azaraith's post
17-12-2013, 12:52 PM
(17-12-2013 12:35 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  He can't, he's confused and is mixing up "non-natural death" as used by police, etc to mean a murder, suicide or accidental death with the concept of natural vs artificial, meaning manmade or non-manmade. I don't think he intended to imply supernatural death at all.
You have to ask, is he confused or is he being intentionally obtuse? a.k.a. is he trolling?
17-12-2013, 01:14 PM
(17-12-2013 12:35 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  He can't, he's confused and is mixing up "non-natural death" as used by police, etc to mean a murder, suicide or accidental death with the concept of natural vs artificial, meaning manmade or non-manmade. I don't think he intended to imply supernatural death at all.

Indeed. If a human kills another human, that act was done within the confines of nature. He is equivocating and being deliberately obtuse and disingenuous. Who'da thunkit? Tongue

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
17-12-2013, 01:32 PM
(17-12-2013 12:52 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
You have to ask, is he confused or is he being intentionally obtuse? a.k.a. is he trolling?

I'm going with legitimately confused. Seems more in line with someone holding theistic beliefs.
17-12-2013, 01:43 PM
(17-12-2013 01:32 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(17-12-2013 12:52 PM)Stevil Wrote:  You have to ask, is he confused or is he being intentionally obtuse? a.k.a. is he trolling?

I'm going with legitimately confused. Seems more in line with someone holding theistic beliefs.

Nope, Heywood is a simple forum troll. He's being obtuse on purpose, because these fights stoke his ego. Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
17-12-2013, 01:51 PM
(17-12-2013 01:43 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Nope, Heywood is a simple forum troll. He's being obtuse on purpose, because these fights stoke his ego. Drinking Beverage

On... on purpose, you say? But then why does consequently having a negative forum rep give him the sadface?

Rolleyes

... this is my signature!
17-12-2013, 01:54 PM
(17-12-2013 01:14 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Indeed. If a human kills another human, that act was done within the confines of nature. He is equivocating and being deliberately obtuse and disingenuous. Who'da thunkit? Tongue

If we are going to go that route then the Irreducible Complex system of watermarks contained in synthetic bacteria is natural irreducible complexity because it came into existence within the confines of nature.

Its not me being obtuse or disingenuous, it is you guys shifting the goal post.

Are you guys now okay with saying natural irreducible complexity exists?
17-12-2013, 02:13 PM
(17-12-2013 01:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(17-12-2013 01:14 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Indeed. If a human kills another human, that act was done within the confines of nature. He is equivocating and being deliberately obtuse and disingenuous. Who'da thunkit? Tongue

If we are going to go that route then the Irreducible Complex system of watermarks contained in synthetic bacteria is natural irreducible complexity because it came into existence within the confines of nature.

Bullshit Red Herring much?

Quote:Its not me being obtuse or disingenuous, it is you guys shifting the goal post.

Bullshit.

Quote:Are you guys now okay with saying natural irreducible complexity exists?

I'm OK with saying that your bullshit IC argument is a bullshit argument that is riddled with bullshit and not in any way, shape or form any kind of evidence to support your bullshit assertion of the existence of your bullshit deity.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
17-12-2013, 02:13 PM
(17-12-2013 01:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

Its not me being obtuse or disingenuous, it is you guys shifting the goal post.

Are you guys now okay with saying natural irreducible complexity exists?

No, it's not natural, it's man-made. You don't get to re-define natural.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user