Irreverent ‘Satanist’ Decorations Aim to Counter Nativity Displays

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Irreverent ‘Satanist’ Decorations Aim to Counter Nativity Displays
What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander Evil_monster

"Under Supreme Court rulings, if a government opens up a public space for private groups to mount holiday displays, it “can’t choose which messages it likes and which ones it doesn’t,” said Gregory Lipper, senior litigation counsel at Americans United for Separation of Church and State. “We would prefer that there not be holiday displays. But if there are, then everyone needs to be welcomed,” he said.”

"On Tuesday, a woman knocked over and damaged the Satanic Temple’s diorama in the Florida Capitol and later was arrested, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. A member of the Satanic Temple later reassembled it, but the angel no longer could be suspended over the flames so it now was sitting in them, Mr. Mesner said.”

http://www.wsj.com/articles/dueling-disp...1419381751

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
23-12-2014, 09:29 PM
RE: Irreverent ‘Satanist’ Decorations Aim to Counter Nativity Displays
(23-12-2014 09:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander Evil_monster

"Under Supreme Court rulings, if a government opens up a public space for private groups to mount holiday displays, it “can’t choose which messages it likes and which ones it doesn’t,” said Gregory Lipper, senior litigation counsel at Americans United for Separation of Church and State. “We would prefer that there not be holiday displays. But if there are, then everyone needs to be welcomed,” he said.”

"On Tuesday, a woman knocked over and damaged the Satanic Temple’s diorama in the Florida Capitol and later was arrested, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. A member of the Satanic Temple later reassembled it, but the angel no longer could be suspended over the flames so it now was sitting in them, Mr. Mesner said.”

http://www.wsj.com/articles/dueling-disp...1419381751

I can't read it, but I'm glad to hear the lady got arrested.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Praise to that fallen angel

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
24-12-2014, 07:35 AM
At their core, christians are a violent people and this comes from worshipping a violent god.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
24-12-2014, 07:41 AM
(24-12-2014 07:35 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  At their core, christians are a violent people and this comes from worshipping a violent god.

I disagree; I don't think most Christians would be violent if it wasn't for their religion telling them they need to be.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
24-12-2014, 07:44 AM
(24-12-2014 07:35 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  At their core, christians are a violent people and this comes from worshipping a violent god.

I'm going to kill you for that.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 7 users Like kingschosen's post
24-12-2014, 08:00 AM
When you have a group of people who get together every week to discuss the same stories in the same book, those violent reactions they read about are being drilled into their skull, feeding their own inherent sadistic tendencies.

Its unhealthy and all that repressed anger and guilt stored inside them explodes when they see something that doesn't conform to their own internal worldview.

I'm willing to bet you can take every case of violent assault and tie it to a passage in the bible that condones it.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
24-12-2014, 08:10 AM
(23-12-2014 09:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...
the angel no longer could be suspended over the flames so it now was sitting in them,

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-12-2014, 08:24 AM
(24-12-2014 08:10 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 09:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...
the angel no longer could be suspended over the flames so it now was sitting in them,

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Yes! That cracked me up too! Laugh out load The woman was offended by the angel suspended over the flames, so now after her tantrum, it's... improved. Laugh out load

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
24-12-2014, 08:38 AM
Honey, that BBQ we had last night was angelic! Drooling

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post