Irreverent ‘Satanist’ Decorations Aim to Counter Nativity Displays

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2014, 08:43 AM
RE: Irreverent ‘Satanist’ Decorations Aim to Counter Nativity Displays
(23-12-2014 09:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  "On Tuesday, a woman knocked over and damaged the Satanic Temple’s diorama in the Florida Capitol and later was arrested, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. A member of the Satanic Temple later reassembled it, but the angel no longer could be suspended over the flames so it now was sitting in them, Mr. Mesner said.”

If an atheist or Satanist damaged a Christian display, you can bet many of the Christians would be calling this a hate crime. Ironically, many of these people are the same who otherwise oppose hate crime legislature.

It's like, when they sit at the top for so long, when they're told to give up some of their pie so that others can have a more equal-sized piece, all they can see is "someone's taking my pie!". It's nothing but revanchist butthurt and special pleading. They want their big piece of pie and they know they can't rationally defend it without looking like the biggest kind of asshole.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
24-12-2014, 08:46 AM
Freedom of religion... only if you're a Christian... sigh

I'm fighting a losing battle.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-12-2014, 08:56 AM
(24-12-2014 08:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Freedom of religion... unless you're a Christian... sigh

Wait.

They're not allowing a nativity scene? Or, is it that you think any additional expressions displayed, somehow makes things a 'losing battle' for Christians? Are you a "nativity scene only" type of guy?
24-12-2014, 09:00 AM
(24-12-2014 08:56 AM)TheBear Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 08:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Freedom of religion... unless you're a Christian... sigh

Wait.

They're not allowing a nativity scene? Or, is it that you think any additional expressions displayed, somehow makes things a 'losing battle' for Christians? Are you a "nativity scene only" type of guy?

I'm pretty sure KC is a secularist, and he's lamenting the Christian privilege that allows nativity scenes on government property; or that woman who vandalized the Satanist display, because presumably she thinks only the Christians are allowed to express their religion in public.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-12-2014, 09:09 AM
(24-12-2014 08:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Freedom of religion... only if you're a Christian... sigh

I feel for you KC.

I was starting to say that this is caused by the fringes of the Christian sects, but in retrospect the real fringe of the Christian religions is people like you. You are, without a doubt, one in a million.

Merry Christmas.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
24-12-2014, 09:09 AM
(24-12-2014 08:43 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  If an atheist or Satanist damaged a Christian display, you can bet many of the Christians would be calling this a hate crime. Ironically, many of these people are the same who otherwise oppose hate crime legislature.

Yabut, since they're doing it for Jesus, it's a love crime gesture. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
24-12-2014, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 11:14 AM by TheBear.)
(24-12-2014 09:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 08:56 AM)TheBear Wrote:  Wait.

I'm pretty sure KC is a secularist, and he's lamenting the Christian privilege that allows nativity scenes on government property; or that woman who vandalized the Satanist display, because presumably she thinks only the Christians are allowed to express their religion in public.

Thanks for clearing that up. Wasn't quite sure what he was saying. Still a bit confused.
24-12-2014, 12:46 PM
(24-12-2014 08:38 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Honey, that BBQ we had last night was angelic! Drooling

I call wing!

... what? I can still be a vegetarian if the only meat I eat is imaginary.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
24-12-2014, 01:36 PM
(24-12-2014 11:10 AM)TheBear Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 09:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'm pretty sure KC is a secularist, and he's lamenting the Christian privilege that allows nativity scenes on government property; or that woman who vandalized the Satanist display, because presumably she thinks only the Christians are allowed to express their religion in public.

Thanks for clearing that up. Wasn't quite sure what he was saying. Still a bit confused.

I'm fighting a losing battle to bridge understanding, meaningful discussion, and tolerance between theists and atheists because so many jacktards act like this towards others and claim persecution when in reality they are the bullies and are defaming Christ with their actions.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]