Is “sin” an X/Y linked recessive allele?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2013, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 03:57 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
Is “sin” an X/Y linked recessive allele?
[Disclaimer: for any of the dense theist who don't understand hypothetical, I do not believe any of this actually happened...it's a hypothetical question]

How would the world be different if after Eve ate the fruit and offered it to Adam, Adam passed and refused to eat it, then God came down and discovered that only Eve disobeyed and Adam had not?

Would all of mankind still be full of sin, as all mankind would be descendants of Eve (dominate X-linked "sin" allele, caused by the fruit), or just the females (recessive X-linked "sin" allele, w/ dominate Y-linked allele)? Would Men still walk around naked, and women would be dressed?

Would lions still be eatting gazelles, or would only lionesses be eatting gazelles, and male lions would still be vegetarians? Would woman have to work the field and have labor pains, but men would just hangout in a really cool garden with super nice animals and free food everywhere?

How does this work?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
10-12-2013, 04:11 PM
RE: Is “sin” an X/Y linked recessive allele?
It's an interesting question and, since none of it is real, very difficult to answer. My thoughts are that it was the act of two humans disobeying God that supposedlyy unleashed all the consequences so I'm pretty sure that one human disobeying God would have done the same. If 2 humans could tarnish every human, then it stands to reason that 1 human could as well and so Eve would have tarnished Adam in addition to everyone else. (And at that point, Adam probably would have said "Well then screw it, I want my piece of fruit!" Tongue )

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
10-12-2013, 04:32 PM
I love your question and I think it does a good job illustrating that the story is most likely invented and didn't happen.

If this were a real event, this question means that either:
1) God made the punishment on a knee jerk reaction (and thus is not timeless or omniscient), or
2) God is omniscient and effectively planned the whole thing, making him culpable.

Brilliant.
10-12-2013, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 04:58 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(10-12-2013 04:11 PM)Impulse Wrote:  It's an interesting question and, since none of it is real, very difficult to answer. My thoughts are that it was the act of two humans disobeying God that supposedlyy unleashed all the consequences so I'm pretty sure that one human disobeying God would have done the same. If 2 humans could tarnish every human, then it stands to reason that 1 human could as well and so Eve would have tarnished Adam in addition to everyone else. (And at that point, Adam probably would have said "Well then screw it, I want my piece of fruit!" Tongue )

I agree...but Adam and Eve, and all of male and female decent, received gender specific based punishment.

I bet Eve would have divorced Adam if Adam hadn't eaten the fruit, because then she would be all knowledgeable, and Adam would have been dumb as shit because he wouldn't have known anything. Adam would be like, "Hey, Eve. Is it good to jam this stick in my eye"?

And Eve would say, "Ugh...for the hundredth time, Adam...no, it is not good to jam sticks in your eyes!"

And Adam says, "Oh, I didn't know that ...but...can I have sex with our son, Abel's, rotting corpse over there?"

"No, Adam...that would be bad", she'd reply.

"Well, is it okay if you have sex with our sons, Cain and Seth?" He'd ask.

"Oddly enough..." she'd say, "yeah I can have sex with my sons, because there are only like four of us in the whole world, and I need to make them sisters/daughters for them to marry so they can have daughter/nieces that they can also have sex with, so oddly...that is a good thing...for a few thousand years, then it will be bad."

"Oh..." he says, "So can I eat the fruit that you ate that God said not to, and now is guarding with an angel with a flaming sword?"

"No...it kind of fucked things up for us and our kids. Just leave it alone, because God said to."

"Is it important to do what God says?"

"YES!" she replied, "Because he will fuck your shit up if you don't."

"Is 'fuck your shit' up a bad thing?"

"Yes, it can be very bad."

"I don't know what you're talking about because I don't know what those words you keep saying, 'good' and 'bad', mean. I'm going to go eat the fruit so that I know what you're saying. And because God keeps telling me things are good and bad and I don't know what that means. He says it's bad to not follow his orders, but does that mean I should or shouldn't, because I don't know what bad means. He said it was bad that Cain killed Abel, so does that mean I should kill you too, cause I don't know what bad means?" He picks up the same big rock Cain used to kill his brother and walks over to Eve.

"Oh, God...DON'T KILL ME!!! That's very, very BAD!"

"Ummm...so if it's bad I do it or don't do it...I don't know what that word means? So, do I kill you now?"

Eve gives up and says, "Just go eat the fucking fruit already..."

10-12-2013, 06:04 PM
(10-12-2013 03:48 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  [Disclaimer: for any of the dense theist who don't understand hypothetical, I do not believe any of this actually happened...it's a hypothetical question]

How would the world be different if after Eve ate the fruit and offered it to Adam, Adam passed and refused to eat it, then God came down and discovered that only Eve disobeyed and Adam had not?
Adam would continue to live in the garden of Eden alone. Eve would die. Nothing would change in this world. Everything would remain in the same state.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
10-12-2013, 08:01 PM
So Adam would still be alive in the garden of Eden, by himself, Even is long dead, and there are no other people anywhere in the world, and you and I will have never been born, none of the world civilization will ever have existed, and even this internet we use now would not exist for this very forum to pose the question I posed, or for you to respond to...but everything is exactly the same as it is today?

...yeah, seems like Christian logic...

10-12-2013, 08:21 PM
I think God would have force fed Adam the fruit if he hadn't eaten voluntarily, because the whole plan depended on humans disobeying God.

Here's proof Angel

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
10-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Eve would have just been kicked out of the garden and God would have made Adam a new, more submissive wife.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
10-12-2013, 09:50 PM
(10-12-2013 08:35 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Eve would have just been kicked out of the garden and God would have made Adam a new, more submissive wife.

Oh...probably...

Then he'd add more "trees" and make the fruit more colorful, smell sweeter, dripping with juice, and remind them, "now don't eat these"...

And if that didn't work, he'd bake them into a pie and put them on the windowsill with their sent wafting through the air.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
10-12-2013, 10:07 PM
(10-12-2013 08:01 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  So Adam would still be alive in the garden of Eden, by himself, Even is long dead, and there are no other people anywhere in the world, and you and I will have never been born, none of the world civilization will ever have existed, and even this internet we use now would not exist for this very forum to pose the question I posed, or for you to respond to...but everything is exactly the same as it is today?

...yeah, seems like Christian logic...
yes,
What is wrong with this logic?

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection