Is Atheism just another religion under guise of "non-religion"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2017, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2017 11:47 AM by Robvalue.)
RE: Is Atheism just another religion under guise of "non-religion"?
So he continues the insults.

Look, there's plenty of people prepared to debate me without resorting to insults. I'll save my time for those people. I'm not here to "win" anything. I'm here to enjoy myself and have intelligent discourse. I told you that you were being rude, and what did you do? Become more rude. Blame yourself evolution guy.

You could instead apologize, of course. But you chose yet more insults instead.

It's not a matter of being sensitive. I just don't enjoy talking to people who don't show me respect. I can continue to discuss the subject for those reading at home, and for any more civilized people who want to join in.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2017, 01:24 PM
"Your Mother smelled of elder-berries!" Tongue
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Peebothuhul's post
12-02-2017, 11:00 PM
(12-02-2017 11:28 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  So he continues the insults.

Look, there's plenty of people prepared to debate me without resorting to insults. I'll save my time for those people. I'm not here to "win" anything. I'm here to enjoy myself and have intelligent discourse. I told you that you were being rude, and what did you do? Become more rude. Blame yourself evolution guy.

It's not a matter of being sensitive. I just don't enjoy talking to people who don't show me respect. I can continue to discuss the subject for those reading at home, and for any more civilized people who want to join in.

Rob, I've been entertaining company all weekend, and unable to really participate as much as I'd like, in the forums... but I have to chime in, briefly.

Relax. Slinging insults is pretty much his thing. Think of it like this:

In the UK and Australia, calling someone a "cunt" is considered almost part of everyday speech, and is hardly given a second thought. Here in the United States, you're likely to get into a fistfight if you call someone that.

When EK slings insults, he means them but not in any deeper way than you do when using cunt. It's just a throwaway term essentially meaning "someone who pisses me off"; if you said it to an American and they raised their fist to strike you, you'd be like "but why?!?".

Likewise, EK expresses disdain through what you call insults. Let it go. I like you, RV, but I think you should take it easy when roaring in from one culture (The Other Forum™) to another. I think if you'll take it easy on the pedantic statements about who's correctly defining atheism, for instance, and not expect people to just let things go politely when they're pissed off by an assertion you (very strongly) made, you two would get along swimmingly.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
12-02-2017, 11:51 PM
I shall think about that, thank you Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
13-02-2017, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2017 12:17 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(12-02-2017 11:28 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  So he continues the insults.

I would, but you tipped off my personal pet peeves before I could get there. I wrote the initial post at 3~4AM, on only 4 hours of sleep, and subsequently re-edited it a few time. Both to make clarification, and ultimately to remove those first two sentences. Upon rereading, I too thought they were unnecessarily confrontational. While I was editing the post, you replied; which I was not expecting because you appeared to be offline at the time I was editing my post, and so you caught the original version.

But what was your response?

Quote:Unnecessarily rude. I shan't continue.

No response to any of my paragraphs of text, you took umbrage with the first two sentences and stopped. Few things piss me off more than the appearance of hiding from a challenge behind faux civility. We get plenty of apologist assholes passing through who pull that shit constantly.

But I'm not about to let such a inconsequential pissing match get my panties in a bunch. If I maintained a grudge against everyone I ever got testy with at the wee hours of the morning with little to no sleep (hooray graveyard shift), I'd have few people left to talk with on the forum.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
13-02-2017, 12:28 AM
On reflection, I agree I handled things badly.

I will drop the matter now.

[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
13-02-2017, 12:32 AM
(13-02-2017 12:28 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  On reflection, I agree I handled things badly.

I will drop the matter now.

[Image: raw]

13-02-2017, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2017 01:28 AM by Peebothuhul.)
At work.

Does this mean we won't get to taunt you a second time?

Tongue

Edit: Thumbsup
[+] 3 users Like Peebothuhul's post
13-02-2017, 01:21 AM
(13-02-2017 01:18 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Does this mean we won't geg to taunt you a second time?

Tongue

Depends on what 'geg' means I suppose. Undecided

13-02-2017, 01:29 AM
At work.

A 'Geg' is kind of like a 'Gug'.

.Just slightly less nightmare-ish, grabby and slavering.

Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post