Is Atheism just another religion under guise of "non-religion"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2016, 10:20 AM
RE: Is Atheism just another religion under guise of "non-religion"?
(29-12-2016 10:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 09:48 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Rise Fullerene and be anointed God by swearing undying allegiance to SLACK on this holy fundoshi draped across thy face. Long Live SLACK! Long Live Bob!

Lol, I didn't know about Bob!

The SLACK shall set you free.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2016, 10:44 AM
(29-12-2016 10:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 09:48 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Rise Fullerene and be anointed God by swearing undying allegiance to SLACK on this holy fundoshi draped across thy face. Long Live SLACK! Long Live Bob!

Lol, I didn't know about Bob!

What ? !!!
You live under a rock ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-12-2016, 11:02 AM
At work.

(29-12-2016 10:44 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 10:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  Lol, I didn't know about Bob!

What ? !!!
You live under a rock ?

Consider

At work?
29-12-2016, 11:38 AM
(29-12-2016 09:20 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 11:12 PM)Disciple 21x Wrote:  But really haven't atheists just replaced God with no god or just themselves as gods? What I mean by that is instead of worshipping a cosmic being whose existence cannot be proven or even disproven you just merely worship science, technology, the laws of physics, or simply yourselves.

Yes, but I'm not really an atheist what with being God incarnate and all. Scant though it is, there is more evidence that I AM God rather than some fantastical creature in the sky nobody has seen in a fundoshi before. I AM is to be. To be is God. Ergo, I AM God. This is the Gospel of Man. So saith The Word. quod erat deduncetratum

deduncetratum? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
29-12-2016, 11:44 AM
(29-12-2016 11:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  deduncetratum? Consider

Laugh out load He spells it that way when he replies to stupid people, I've noticed.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
01-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Down here in Texas, where the creationists have been battling teaching of evolution in schools tooth and nail for decades, atheism is labelled a religion. And evolution an atheist idea. Creationism is banned in schools because its not science, but religion. So by claiming atheism is religion, they can complain evolution is an aspect of atheism, as it were a "religious dogma". Therefore teaching evolution is schools should also be banned. On grounds it's teaching religion.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
06-01-2017, 09:35 AM
(01-01-2017 03:14 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Down here in Texas, where the creationists have been battling teaching of evolution in schools tooth and nail for decades, atheism is labelled a religion.

Sincere question here: Does it then follow that atheist "churches" or assemblies also enjoy tax-free status in TX?
06-01-2017, 10:17 AM
(06-01-2017 09:35 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(01-01-2017 03:14 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Down here in Texas, where the creationists have been battling teaching of evolution in schools tooth and nail for decades, atheism is labelled a religion.

Sincere question here: Does it then follow that atheist "churches" or assemblies also enjoy tax-free status in TX?

Dunno about TX, but I know they do at the federal level. Although "enjoy" isn't the right word, FFRF has been fighting against that designation assigned to them by the feds.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-01-2017, 05:12 PM
(06-01-2017 09:35 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  

I do not know of any atheist churches that exist that could do so. There are of course plenty of 503( C ) atheist organizations that get the usual charitable or educational organization perks. Madelyn Murry O'Hair's American Atheist center in Austin had that. But atheist churches, don't know of any such thing here.

Magic Eight Ball says: Answer unclear. Try again later.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
06-01-2017, 08:20 PM
Evolution has zero doctrine regarding anything to do with a belief in god or lack in belief in god. Evolution discusses how species change over time. That's it. That's all there is to it. You're welcome to try and pull some "atheist teaching" out of that, but there's none to be had. It's neutral. Period. That's some seriously terrible logic.

By that logic we can also conclude that teaching geology is also atheistic as it doesn't include god, or lack of one, and therefore is religious, and geology should not be taught. Lava is now invalid, and no one can learn about lava, rock formations, etc, because it's religious now!

And gravity is also atheistic.

*sigh*

Just wow.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post