Is Australopithecus africanus an Australopith or a Paranthropine?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2013, 07:45 PM
RE: Is Australopithecus africanus an Australopith or a Paranthropine?
(13-12-2012 10:20 PM)Janus Wrote:  Imo Ardi was the first ancestor that left Africa and migrated to central Asia 4 MYA. Then around 2,1 MYA their evolved descendants, an erect ardipithecine, went into a diaspora from central Asia with the emphasis on a western and south-western migration. This last branch crossed back into Africa and of course hybridized with what it found. Mainly A. Sediba. But not exclusively. Thus arose Homo erectus, parts of which went out of Africa again around 1,9 MYA (Dmanisi Man) and went on to explore all the continents (except Antarctica) within 1 million years*. The remaining HE in Africa eventually evolved into Homo sapiens sapiens which left Africa in 2 waves: 104 KYA and 72 KYA. Both of which re-hybridized with HE (Papua, Oz Aboriginals, Melanesians. and the Irish of course Big Grin ) when they met 'm.

*H. Erectus was in Georgia (Caucasus) 1,87 MYA, in Malaysia 1,82 MYA, in Java 1,57 MYA, in Bejing 800 KYA, in Valsequillo 500 KYA.

H. Erectus was the granddaddy of us all and the original hominid conqueror of the planet. Not H. Sapiens Sapiens.

[Image: DmanisiMan-18mioBP-Georgia-Cauca-3.jpg]
Dmanisi Man 1,87 MYA
Have any Ardipithecus skeletons been found outside Africa?

Yeah.... science is based on opinion....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2013, 07:50 PM
(14-12-2012 09:46 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Realize that human evolution cladograms are all different because the field is so competitive for people trying to make a big discovery. Every time they find something, they want to completely alter some portion of the cladogram to fit their discovery as a major impact.

Several of the fossils have even changed genera multiple times, so it really is quite difficult.

I think the basic story is that the Austraolpithicines gave rise to the robust Australopithicines and the group that would eventually become humans.
the general view amongst paleoanthropolgists is that the homo genus emerged from australopithecus, leading to use of stone tools by homo habilis, and the rise of true human-like features in homo ergaster/erectus. I think it's unlikely were descended from paranthropines since we have an omnivorous diet. Australopithecines most likely had a diet similar to modern chimpanzees.
04-01-2013, 06:10 AM
That's what I said.

Evolve
04-01-2013, 10:28 PM
The extinction processes that killed off most Australopithecines, Paranthropines, and homo species between 4 MYA and 1,5 MYA weren't long drawn-out affairs that took centuries, but IRL probably happened within just one generation – i.e. 15 to 20 years – as they were the result of dramatic climatic and vegetation change following volcanic/tectonic activity. And the more specialized they were – like the nuts and hard fruits eating robust Paranthropines – the faster they disappeared.
04-01-2013, 10:44 PM
(03-01-2013 05:05 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  It took me about 10 minutes to accurately decipher the title of this thread. lol
I'm still trying...was hoping the graphs and charts might help...only thing I was sure of was GirlyMan midway through the thread.

Going to go get my dunce cap now and sit in a corner. Weeping

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

“Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.”
― Mineko Iwasaki