Is Ben Stein retarded?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2011, 11:45 PM
Is Ben Stein retarded?
Ok, that's not a serious question. But I was contemplating whether or not I should watch Expelled and I remembered clips of Stein vs Dawkins and how Stein just kept taking the side of "but it's less depressing to think that we were created by a divine being and that there is a purpose to our lives" aka the "I don't care what facts say, I'm believing this much more uplifting story" approach.

Then I stumbled across this gem:

So Stein doesn't believe in evolution because it doesn't explain random things that have nothing to do with evolution. Evolution also doesn't explain how to program your VCR or the best way to maintain a festive holiday lawn decoration without going over budget, so clearly it's a shaky theory at best.

And then I found this (I had never made it all the way to part 24 of Thunderf00t's series):

with the classic quote "Science leads you to killing people."

Is Stein consistently this stupid and should I still watch Expelled?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2011, 11:48 PM
RE: Is Ben Stein retarded?
Don't watch Expelled, you'll only boost his ratings. Unless you are torrenting illegally, in which case I fully support you watching it.

Also, yes he might actually be cognitively impaired.

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
23-05-2011, 02:36 AM
[Image: Can_t%20Tell%20if%20Trolling.jpg]

My advise is, if you want to watch it, download it haha, in this case I can say I support piracy Big Grin, seriously, I watched some bits of this film, its insulting.

Quote:Taken from Wikipedia:
Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed is a 2008 documentary film, directed by Nathan Frankowski and hosted by Ben Stein. The film contends that the mainstream science establishment suppresses academics who believe they see evidence of intelligent design in nature and who criticize evidence supporting Darwinian evolution and the modern evolutionary synthesis as a mainstream conspiracy to keep God out of science laboratories and classrooms. The scientific theory of evolution is portrayed by the film as contributing to fascism, the Nazi Holocaust, communism, atheism, and eugenics. The film portrays intelligent design as motivated by science, rather than religion, though it does not give a detailed definition of the phrase or attempt to explain it on a scientific level. Other than briefly addressing issues of irreducible complexity, Expelled examines it as a political issue.

The bottom line is: Ben Stein is braindead and would probably gain IQ points after a lobotomy...

Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-05-2011, 02:36 AM
I think calling Ben Stein retarded is an insult to the actual cognitive capabilities of people who suffer from mental retardation.
I'd go with willfully ignorant and intellectually dishonest.

Torrent Expelled , get a bottle of Jack (or something) and take a shot for every piece of BS you hear. You'll be under the table in under half an hour. Tongue

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes gaglamesh731's post
23-05-2011, 05:18 AM
I'm just going to second every thing said so far.
The movie is so full of biased spin, twisting of words, deceitful editing and what have you, that even if you have never been bullshited before you can still smell this one from miles away.

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
23-05-2011, 04:02 PM
So, he actually made a movie to rebuke a subject of which he doesn't even understand the basic definition... Nice going.

[Image: 9db69d7be965585d2d81561ff57f97f2.jpg?stmp=1297104131]

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
23-05-2011, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2011 04:37 PM by Fear Culture.)
In Ben Stein's defense I'll say he made a competent game show host... usually. (sarcasm)

We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there.
Dana Gould
04-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Stein is not retarded. He is intellectually dishonest and is making up absurd arguments aimed at intellectually disabled folk in a misguided effort to keep them terrified of the consequences of violating "God's laws" so they won't be tempted to steal Ben Stein's Money.

"Heresy makes for progress" - Hypatia Bradlaugh Bonner
[1 Corinthians 13:11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. - The Bible King James Version. See? Even the Bible says "Put me down!" Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes ufo42's post
04-01-2014, 02:24 PM
I'd accuse you of necroposting, but this thread was born dead.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-01-2014, 03:00 PM
I watched him getting debunked years ago after which I never heard of him again.

And I had hoped to never hear of him again.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]